Monday, September 29, 2008

another month, another care package

It feels like the start of a new month snuck up on us this month. I was looking at the calendar this weekend and gasped when I noticed that October first was this week. Woah! We need to get our care package out to Hannah Claire like NOW!

octobercarepackage_small


I put together this photo album a year and a half ago. Last night Kevin inserted Hannah Claire's photo and original birth name in the front cover. The red Pediped crib shoes (size 0-6 months) were a gift from my friend Rebecca. Inside the shoes I wrote, "Ching-Ling, you are loved from your head to your toes. Kevin and Sarah" Our little girl is growing up so much without us. If I kept the beautiful little shoes here they may not fit Hannah Claire when she comes home to us. I sent one a little Baby Nay cotton kimono set (size 6 months - runs small like 3-6 months) and a little pink hair ribbon. We've also sent another disposable camera and disposable camcorder with her and and our names written on it. Hopefully the nannies will be inspired to dress her up and take some photos of her. It's been over a month since we had an update on our little ladybug. I have a feeling we've been skipped over again and won't get pictures this month, as other families have already gotten their pictures.

I've been telling myself that we have to organize and clean the garage out before the baby comes home. We spent over six hours in the garage sorting, throwing out, vacuuming, scrubbing, sweating, inhaling dust, and being grossed out by dead bugs on Sunday. Once the trash is picked up this week, we'll be able to get both cars and the lawn mower in the garage, and still have room for strollers and little wagons! Woohoo! Mission Accomplished!

Sending out love to our little one in Taiwan from twelve timezones away. You are loved from your head to your toes, babygirl.

7 comments:

  1. Sniff sniff!!! This is so SWEET!!! I love it that the little Pedipeds will soon be making their way to Taiwan and Miss Hannah Claire!!! And even more special is that little album that you put together back in March '07... wow, it must be amazing to finally be sending it to your baby girl!

    The Baby Nay outfit is gorgeous. I did a lot of Baby Nay (and Mad Sky) shopping when I thought we were going for a girl. :) The fabrics are beautiful!

    Congrats on the garage project - I have been "fall cleaning" over here too - must be the nesting instinct kicking in for you and I!! :)

    Here's to getting an update SOON, complete with a lengthy video full of Hannah Claire smiles, and lots of pictures of her in the new outfit!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you can't be skipped over!! Praying you get pictures soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sarah, Hang in there hon. Take it from someone waiting for 6 months already that this all seems so HUGE right now, but this will pass and you will get to her. See my blog for some encouragement!! Ya know, I was reflecting recently as Our Jer just turned 3 yesterday and that means that our Gotchya day for him is only 2 weeks away! I remember putting in our app and then waiting 3 weeks to his referral (charmed I know), but we were the last of all our waiting friends to get travel call! There was about a group of 6 of us to travel that month. I was so so hopeless feeling Sarah, but just as soon as I felt the most helpless, i got the call too. Now, in this second adoption, we have already waited 6 months knowing Jo, with an almost definite 3 more months at least and I am just aching inside, but at the same time, I know God will do it. I know you feel that this is going to go like this forever, but it won't. If you don't get updates this month, don't take "oops" as an answer hon. They have a contract with you and that contract means that they do owe you a very specific service for the money you are paying.. Keep asking until the pictures are there! RETRAIN those involved so that success is within reach for them and sanity for you!

    Sarah k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable care package. Hang in there...and keeping busy with projects is sometimes the best way to stay sane. I am cleaning out the attic and shed this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet. . .I know it can be hard during the wait, but HC will be home and in your arms before you know it, and you'll wonder why you didn't get those projects done! LOL Hugs, Tiff p.s. I'm a big BABY NAY fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sarah! I saw that you stopped by my blog and left me such a sweet comment and so I wanted to come by yours for a visit as well. :) What a pretty blog you have! And now your little Hannah Claire...she is PRETTY!!!! I loved your posts, especially the one about Smoochie. :) I'm anxious to dig deeper into your blog to read some more...but for now, I just wanted to say hey and thanks for comin' by and encouraging me and I hope you visit again...

    Love,


    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. We want updates now! We want updates now! Hannah Claire's fanbase is also starved for pictures and details on their favorite little peanut.

    I love the contents of the care package. You can tell a lot of love and style found its way into that Ziploc bag.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!