Sunday, March 25, 2007

Family Photo Album for Baby

I've been really excited about making a family photo album to send to baby Hannah once we get her referral. We'll be able to send her care packages to her nursery. Families often send pictures, baby toys, clothing, and treats for the nannies. Some families are also sending recordings of mommy and daddy singing songs and reading stories to their childen in Taiwan.

I've purchased three baby safe photo albums online, although since then I have found the plastic Sassy album in a Target store. The Sassy album was my first purchase, and it is made out of plastic. I like it because it takes up less room and doesn't have many words, so you can put whatever kind of photos you want in it. My second purchase was the Kushies Ma Maison album that is made of cloth and shaped like a house. It has a mirror for baby to look at herself and is brightly colored, but it's my least favorite. I really like the Lamaze We Love You Baby album. It is made of cloth and labeled pages for pictures of mommy, daddy, grandparents, and something to snuggle with. The front page has a pocket where a picture of baby can go. I like this idea, so we can put a picture of baby in front. This way nannies will easily know which baby the photo album belongs to. Here's some more baby photo albums I found for sale at Amazon: Snuggie Toys photo album, Whoozit photo album, Gund Look at Me! photo album, Scholastic My First Photo Album, and Gund My Family photo album.

I used FotoFusion to edit photos of Kevin and I, our parents, and Sedona (of course!) to labels indicating who the people are in the photos. I labeled them in English and Mandarin. Thanks to I-Chwen for checking my characters to make sure that I translated right!!! I wouldn't want to accidentally label myself as a great uncle! After printing the photos into 4"x6"s, I laminated the photographs with Avery Self Adhesive Laminating Sheets. I read about another adopting family that used laminating sheets to protect pictures from baby drool, spit-up, etc. Good idea!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! Do you mind if I copy? How long are they telling you your wait will be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, all on the ball about things. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So organized! Thats great! I wish I had thought to laminate pictures for Kobi. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!