Thursday, July 19, 2007

12:01am shopping

Today's *the* day. At the stroke of midnight I was able to redeem Gymbucks to purchase the Hanana Banana onesie that I've longed for. At 50% off $10.99, that's a pretty good deal. So, I bought it in three sizes so my little monkey will have one that fits for a long while, along with the matching bib and banket. Yes, I'm nuts. No wait, I'm bananas! I've learned that Gymboree clothes, especially items new with tags, sell well on eBay with mommies looking for discontinued styles. I can sell anything on eBay that Hannah doesn't end up wearing, and most likely sell it with a little profit. Robeez is discontinuing some shoe styles that I've really liked too, so Hannah has some shoes on the way too.

In preparing home for baby news, today we made plans at a local flooring store to install wood laminate flooring in the great room, hallways, and in the nursery. We're also installing vinyl that looks like tile in the kitchen, dining areas, and laundry room. I've really hated having carpet in our kitchen, and having a baby throwing food on the ground demands something that will clean up easily. Carpet in the kitchen can be so gross, especially when one accidentally dumps a pot of spaghetti sauce on the floor while cooking. The work starts tomorrow with the vinyl and continues with the wood laminate next week. We'll share photos as the work progresses.

Thanks to everyone who sent me get well messages for Sedona. The babydog is acting a lot more perky. My mom and dad came over last night, and Sedona was on our laps begging for ice cream. That's my girl! She wasn't wild about taking her medicine today, and we had to sneak it in between some treats. She's acting pretty normal right now, chewing on her smoked cow hoof (aka the dog pacifier) below my chair.

7 comments:

  1. Carpet in the kitchen!?!?! I think you'll like having the vinyl! Except that means you have to mop instead of vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're doing new flooring here shortly, too. We've decided to install hardwoods ourselves to save on labor, though, so there is a slight bit of dread regarding the work we'll be putting in. The money saved staysin the bank for our future daughter to come home, though so it is well worth it!!!

    Tisra
    waiting for referral
    http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Sedona is back to normal & that you had a successful internet shopping experience at 12AM. LOL! (PS... I think we were separated at birth... I was shopping last night too:)

    Oh & you'll love those new floors! Its so nice to swifter up the pea's kiddo is spitting at you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babies spit peas back at you?!?! (Predending ignorance.) Not Kobi! Surely he's an angel all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad about babydog. It is really hard to have a non verbal member of the family ill. Can't wait to see the new stuff on HannahClaire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to use my Gym bucks! They've been burning a hole in my pocket! -abbey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the whole carpet in the kitchen. If I had carpet in the kitchen it would be so destroyed and we don't have children yet.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!