Saturday, June 9, 2007

Gymboree is like crack for mommies

I read this statement on someone's mommy blog this week: "Gymboree is like crack for mommies." At that time, I thought that was really funny! It's not so funny anymore. I think the people at Gymboree can read my mind. Those evil people must have scanned my brain searching for my innermost baby clothes desires, and they masterminded something just for me in PINK, BANANA, and MONKEY. Arg!!!!! Why do they taunt me with such cuteness? Do they know that I'm being a good girl, attending Baby Clothes Anonymous meetings three times a week, and have been successful in keeping my credit card in check this past month? This is so unfair. See for yourselves...

This is it, the Hannah Banana onesie. Well, Gymboree calls it Monkey Island - Tropical Monkey bodysuit, but I know it's really the Hannah Banana onesie that they made just for me. It's inevitable that anyone named Hannah will be called "Hannah Banana", right? How many words can you think of that rhyme with Hannah? I've been wanting some clothing with bananas on it too. Even better... my dad used to turn my plain white 70s disposable diapers into my "monkey pants" with little Sharpie marker and a whole lot of humor. I have a feeling that Grandpa Roy still has talent to make more pairs of monkey pants for Hannah Claire.

For the record, I'm still clean and have resisted the temptations that Gymboree has offered me this morning. The Hannah Banana onesie is still full price. But, when the Monkey Island line starts hitting the sale prices, I'm not sure how long I can hold out.

6 comments:

  1. Our Hannah didn't like being called that until I told her "people only give you nicknames when they like you" Now she cherishes it when anyone uses that wonderful nickname.

    What is our motto??? One day at a time. Step away from the Gymboree...

    shelley
    www.letsgototaiwan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is obvious that Nana rhymes with Hannah.

    Hannah's Grandma J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the onsie! Buy 1 in every color!!! Oh wait...refrain from buying until sale...your very right. Now wheres that credit card?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog -- it's so well written and entertaining, and your designs for scrapbook pages and other graphics are just _beautiful_! We look forward to following your adoption journey -- hope you have Hannah's referral soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm catching up on blogs and I have to say this cracked me up! Gymboree IS crack for mommies (seeing as I just spent $120 in there...and I don't yet have a kid in my arms!) Yep, where can I attend Gymbo AA? :) I'm going to do your referral game too, gotta think about it a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!