Wednesday, June 6, 2007

a prayer for our daughter

May you be safe and sleep soundly through the night.
May you be safe as you wake to the morning's light.
May you feel our love from so far away,
May it comfort and protect you throughout each day.
We will pray for you my little one,
Until our time of waiting is done.
We will pray that the Lord keep you safe from harm,
Until the child of our hearts becomes the child in our arms.
--Anonymous

I've been thinking a lot about our daughter... at the stop light, as I lie in bed trying to go to sleep at night, and as I pull grassy weeds that creep into the mulch. Has she been born into this world? It's likely... but maybe not quite yet. I look at cans of formula at the grocery store and wonder what kind she's eating... milk based, soy? Does she have reflux and spit up a lot? What does her birth name mean? What things do her nannies whisper into her ear and sing to her as they comfort her cries?

3 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    Your daughter, whether born yet or still being knit together, is so blessed to have a mother that cares so completely about each detail in her life.
    I am praying for you as you wait. I know that it can be unbearable at times.
    Love,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The not knowing is very hard & it takes tough people to go through what we have... I thought of Kobi a lot right before his ref & my gut told me he was already born (& he was) so I bet if you are thinking about your Hannah Claire, to the point where you cant think of anything else. I bet she's already arrived:) Hang in there. (As a person whose BTDT) I know "hang in there" is not the right words to say but I know your call must be coming soon & I cant wait til it does:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    I remember wondering all of those things and missing the baby girl whose face I'd only ever seen in my dreams. I hope you get your answers soon and that time passes quickly until your baby is in your arms...

    As for the turtle outfit you asked about- I got it at Gymboree, but I'm afraid it was probably over 6 months ago. Maybe they still have it in the sale section? Or you could look on Ebay? You are so sweet to think of your turtle loving friends!

    HUGS!!!
    Shana :)
    Waiting for Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!