Monday, July 16, 2007

a stroller, a sick babydog, and a knitted poncho

Friday morning as I was hurriedly getting into my car to go to work, I saw my neighbors across the street setting up for a garage sale. I spied not one but two strollers in their driveway! I ran back inside and woke Kevin up. "Kevin, the neighbors are setting up for a garage sale and they have strollers. Get up quick before the sale starts and someone buys them! If you like one, buy it!" Now, take in mind Kevin is not a morning person... and does not wake up nicely. He's a grouchy bear! I was pleasantly surprised that Kevin rubbed his eyes, got dressed appropriately for 7:45am on a Saturday morning, and went over and checked them out. The neighbors had a single and a double. The momma neighbor teased Kevin and tried to get him to take the double too! When filling out immigration paperwork for our adoption, people often tell you to list 2 children so that way you can get a referral for twins if they come along. We very purposely wrote a 1 on our form so that there's no way we could be tempted into 2. One is all we can handle! If Sedona doggie gets tired of walking, there's plenty of room for her to ride in the bottom stroller basket.

The babydog is sick. Sedona had diarrhea and refused treats, even turkey lunchmeat. It's not like our little food obsessed licker to refuse any treat. Kevin took her to the vet while I was at work. We think she ate something she shouldn't have. She was given an antibiotic shot and 7 days of pills, along with instructions not to eat for 24 hours. She's allowed ice chips, that's it. When I got home from work, Sedona came to the door to greet me but didn't do the "I'm so happy to see you, let me lick you, pick me up!" happy dance that she does every day for me. My poor baby! Daddy's been taking good care of her all day.

Great Grandma Marjorie sent a gift home from Florida with Kevin. She knitted Hannah a poncho. Isn't that sweet? Thanks, Marjorie! It's beautiful.

8 comments:

  1. Only a couple of more days til the Gymbucks are ready to be spent. What are you going to buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Abbey... I'll be making my purchase online on July 19, 2007 at 12:00 AM ET, of course! The Hannah Banana onesie will be mine! I just have to decide if I'll buy it in one or two sizes. haha. I think I'll get a couple of things from the Tiny Pond line. The botanical babies line is cute with dragonflies, but still full price. Maybe something from the strawberry fields sale line in red gingham. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Sedona is feeling better soon. Poor puppy:(

    Good deal on the stroller! That worked out good. Oh & love the poncho! Can Great Grandma Marjorie knit me one to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to start shopping with you! You find all the great deals! I hope Miss Sedona feels better soon...
    tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like hubby did a great job on choosing the stroller.

    I hope miss sedona is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comment! :o) I will bookmark you, and watch for your referral! :o) BTW, Paper Lanterns was one of my favorite lines...gorgeous stuff! If you look back in my archives, you'll see the girls wearing the pjs a lot. They've both outgrown them (sniffle...).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the good stroller deal, and I hope Sedona feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!