Wednesday, June 27, 2007

my dreams have wings - Gymboree indulgences

Sigh. These are beautiful, especially the yellow outfit with water lillies and lilly pads. Whoever does the marketing at Gymboree is a genius. Now I have Gymbucks to buy the Hannah banana onesie. Just waiting for the sale.

I called our agency this week. All families are supposed to be getting updates soon. I've read on message boards that there's been a lot of infant boy referrals lately. That could push our time line back a little bit. We'll see. The waiting stage now is fine. I'm sure it's much worse for families after referral when you have those baby pictures and just want to hop on an airplane now to go see her/him and kiss those sweet baby cheeks.

I read an adoption blog today for a family that is just starting with our agency. The family reports that the wait for an infant girl has grown to 18 months. Wow. I know that there were a lot of families choosing our agency right after us, but I had no idea that there were that many. This news makes me even more eager for our update. Makes me glad that we jumped in line when we did.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, as hard as it is to wait without a picture, it's that much harder with one!!! Constantly thinking, maybe I'll just slide by Taiwan on my way to Gymboree to pick my baby up a new outfit with cute little monkeys is tough!!! God will grant patience in the amount that it is needed. We have $50.00 gymbucks that are burning holes in our wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Gymbucks to burn too. And I have to say, you posting all the cute outfits isn't helping with that! lol
    Hang in there, it is harder once you have the picture in your hands. (From a mom that's been staring at 6 months worth of pictures.) But I think your time is coming soon...

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!