Saturday, May 16, 2009

good times

Tonight we visited with Allie's family. Allie lived at the same orphanage that Hannah lived at, and her mother Lora saw our precious daughter long before we did, when Hannah Claire was "no bigger than a ruler." Good food. Good friends. Good conversation. Great fun! Thanks so much for inviting our family over for dinner.

Miss Allie wasn't very happy to have a big scary man with facial hair come into her home. "No no no no no no no no! No, Mommy!" There was a fair amount of tears, but she warmed up to Kevin towards the end of the night.

Hannah and Allie played with Allie's little kitchen together. Hannah screamed with glee every time the family cat came into the room. She would crawl around chasing after the cat, but the cat was too fast for her and kept it's distance. Hannah played with Allie's pink robot vehicle (Ramona, it's so cute!) but we had to grab Hannah off of it because she was using the controls to spin in circles and started to look dazed and dizzy. Kevin and Chris did the guy talk thing about computers and gaming while Lora and I got teary eyed about how our girls were just right for our families. Sniff sniff. The girls played and played until WAY TOO LATE. I put Hannah in her pajamas before taking some photos because I thought she's start to slow down and get sleepy, but I was way wrong. Lots of stimulus and several slurps of Allie's chicken and stars soup kept them both going, and going, and going, and going....

My favorite photo is the first one here with the girls playing with the little kitchen. Sooooo cute!

kitchen help

phone

conversation

Allie girl

Allie girl

soup

Lora, we'll have to do this again soon. We all had so much fun, and I think this has to be good for our girls to have little friends with similar beginnings.

5 comments:

  1. Good-morning! I'm still trying to pull my eyelids up, as I'm sipping my coffee and typing this comment. Man, you are quick to post and it's still early. Oh wait, did you post this last night or in the wee hours of this morn? Crazy lady... We had so much fun last night. It is wonderful to see the girls interact with each other so well. Hannah is growing and changing so much. As I mentioned before, she might be tiny, but she has no problem holding her own. I loved it that she felt comfortable enough to roam away and still peak up to see if you were near, but content enough to continue on with what she was doing. She is so stinken cute! Allie will get used to your facial hair Kevin,and treat you like the rest of us before you know it! She can be stubborn... We really enjoyed the visit and agree that we will have to do it again soon.
    Off to the baseball games! Have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora, You beat me to post last time. :) I stayed up WAY LATE and my baby bird let me sleep in until 9:30am this morning. You can download the photos off my flickr site if you'd like them. These ones are the best. I had several ones that were blurry and out of focus that didn't make the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. I love seeing all the SLC babies together again. I wish I would have been there instead of with our flu-ridden 6 year old. ick. Tired but I think we're on the mend. Tough sicky season this year.
    Holli

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Those girls are two cute! Sorry I interrupted the last visit. ;0) Continue to get well missy. Oh the fun! You all need to get your bums to Vegas next play date. Love ya, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. the photos are great! Looks like an amazing time was had by all :) Yall are so blessed to be so close to each other the help the kids grow up together :) How wonderful :)

    Blessings,
    Tami
    Mama to Celeste, Noah and Jeremiah
    PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!