Thursday, April 30, 2009

comfort food

Tonight when I got home from work I warmed up some leftover spaghetti from Nana for myself for dinner, as Kevin and Hannah had already eaten. Hannah crawled up my leg and wanted picked up. I picked her up, and then she wanted into my spaghetti. There's no way I'm feeding a Hannah spaghetti while sitting on my lap. That just says permanent tomato stains on BOTH of our clothing all over it. I set her up in her high chair next to Daddy and dished out some spaghetti for her. Fifteen minutes later I realize she's really quiet, so I go check on her progress and level of mess. This is what I find.

comfortfood1

Aw... she looks so little fast asleep in her BIG high chair with her elbow in spaghetti. I get the camera and snap a photo. Then I start thinking... "OH CRAP! DID SHE CHOKE?!?!?! IS SHE BREATHING!!?!?!?!?!?!?"

I run up close to examine her more closely and check to see if her chest is moving.

comfortfood2

I don't see her moving. I'm about ready to shake her awake when I see her fingers move. She's alive. Thank goodness! I really freaked Kevin out by running up and examining her like that with a look of horror on my face, acting like something was wrong. He was setting next to her the whole time... but it still got my heart pumping.

We laughed about the powers of Nana's comfort food, putting Hannah to sleep an hour before bedtime. It doubles for comedy for us as well!

comfortfood3

Silly Daddy.

11 comments:

  1. wow i was drinking water when i was reading haha i almost spit it out all over my laptop but i did manage to choke haha better me then Baby Hannah

    Chamaree,16

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I think I would have freaked too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spaghetti every night!

    Great photo. That one will be looked at again over the years.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,

    I don't think there is a Mom (or Dad) out there who has not had that kind of terrifying moment! I still sneak in every night just to see the rise and fall of both my babies chests(=breathing).

    Precious photos too....that Nana can cook!
    ~Lisa sighing with relief!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all MOms have had those moments....beautiful photo though...precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cracking me up! I honestly don't know if the "crap" thing would have entered my mind ... I'm just so thankful when they are asleep.

    So super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are so funny and take the absolute best pictures. Have a great weekend sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is just priceless! I would have done the same thing...camera first and then, as I look through the lens...oh, my god is she alive??

    We also have a Nana who makes pasta that is the ultimate comfort food!

    Beautiful angel your daughter is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww yes, the joys of parenting. They include a few freak-out moments like this. I remember my first time well. So glad your little sweetie was just taking a rest. What a cutie!!

    BTW, I used Matt's Bleach Bypass pre-set, which I linked to my I Heart Faces entry on 4/26. You can click right through to this free Lightroom pre-set on my 4/26 post. That's probably my favorite pre-set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA HA... this little moments are so cute & funny & scary! I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking something happened to the kids when I find them all passed out asleep on the floor or something. I can't help but smack their hands a bit until they jiggle. They breathe so sweetly you can barely tell they are breathing. =0) Sara

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!