Thursday, April 30, 2009

roses and hats

I'm gearing up for some photography with the theme of "hats." Last time I attempted a hat shot with Hannah Claire she wasn't feeling so well and was all tears. It was pretty cloudy Wednesday, but I took some potted silk roses outside with me to try to brighten things up. It was pretty cool and little Miss wasn't so happy about having her bare piggies on cold bricks. I got her to smile by spinning myself around in circles and dancing. That always makes her laugh out loud. Unfortunately, spinning in circles makes Mama dizzy. Kinda hard to quickly get the focus just right on just the right spot when your head is still spinning! I don't think any of the hat shots are THE SHOT because they are kinda grainy and that hat just looks too big and floppy on her, so I'll keep trying. Hannah won't keep a hat on for long, so that makes the hat assignment even more difficult!

roses6
Mama, you look so silly dancing in circles in the yard all by yourself.

roses5
floppy hat about ready to be thrown on the ground

roses1
Aaaa! That mulch looks tasty.

roses2
crawling away from the photo shoot

roses4
You, pick me up and take me back inside for some lunch.

We're enjoying watching Hannah mimic us. She's starting to initiate play like peek-a-boo. She'll lift up her shirt or dress and cover part of her face, and then pull it back down with a big grin on her face. Good stuff!

11 comments:

  1. The last picture is the best one I have ever seen. What a character. I just love your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, that last expression is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last picture! The comment is just perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last picture! You didn't get the perfect hat shot, but you capture her personality in your pictures! The caption makes it more adorable. Too cute!! Nice pictures Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally need to blow that last picture up and frame it! LoVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a big enough hat box to fit her in? I see Hannah Claire in a hat box, no clothes - just pearls and a few beaded necklaces...maybe a small boa, and a fancy hat. Does the hat have to be on her head? Because if not, you can have a hat on the ground NEXT TO the baby/hat box...

    Something to think about! I did a shoot like this once it was cute beyond words! All shades of cream and purple - breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. have i mentioned that she's just the cutest thing ever? I know i didnt "know" you until right before you went to get Hannah Claire, but has it really been 4 months and close to that since Owen came home too? wow! time flies! i love the pictures. they are truly beautiful! the last expression is priceless, but the "crawling away" picture is probably the shot I have the most of on my computer of Addie. If only they'd sit still for 4 seconds! :) can't wait to see your hat pictures! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, Love it :) the last pic is so funny and the caption is perfect.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah won't wear a hat if it's the last thing on earth. I love the photos and the hat is so pretty. If they only knew...sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!