Saturday, February 21, 2009

more from our "Little Sweetheart"

This morning Hannah Claire, Nana, and I attended a tea for the 28 participants in a local "Little Sweetheart" fundraising contest that benefits a local child in need of medical treatment. Hannah's Nana's fundraising campaign efforts earned Hannah 5th place, and the contest raised a few thousand dollars for the child's family. It was fun to look around and oooh and ahhh at all of the little sweethearts in the room. Hannah won a couple of t-shirts, a Nerf football, and coupons for free items at local fast food restaurants. I see more french fries in her future.

We went to Nana's after the tea, played with some of Mama's old toys, took some photos, and ate lunch together. Of course, cottage cheese was on the menu. It's amazing to me that one little baby can make such a mess with the cottage cheese. It was even inside her shoes!


this little sweetheart

sweetheart feet

And now for a little fun with Photoshop Actions...

sweetheart

sweetheart - little color

sweetheart - seventies

Some of my favorite Photoshop Actions are freebies from the Pioneer Woman blog. Here are links to download set one and set two.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet that room was full of little cuties!! Hannah looks so sweet in her flower band. I bet she got lots of ooohs & ahhhs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah--
    I know how much you like Hello Kitty so you definitely need to go check out Bakerella's new post! It's at bakerella.blogspot.com. So cute, huh?
    Charloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charloe, OH MY GOSH. This is so cute... but so much work! I have no patience for something like that... but so cute! http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2009/02/here-kitty-kitty.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love her precious pouty lips in the first one! Shoot, all the pics are cute! have a great week Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5th?? That is awesome! The contest must have been rigged though because anyone can see that Hannah Claire is the #1 sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, she obviously should have WON! What is wrong with those people? =). Glad you all had such a great time ... those SHOES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, that is one beautiful sweetheart! I wish I had more time for photography and editing. Do you know how to shoot with "auto" off??? I'd love to learn. Tried to sign up on RAWSII (sp?) but was too late. . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE the last picture! Look at that headband! You think Kobi would mind if I put one on him? Hmmm... Joking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah,

    Hannah Claire is just beautiful. Love the flower band & those little shoes are precious! Hope she didn't ruin her outfit with cottage cheese :-)
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hannah is so beautiful! Love these photos - they really accentuate her gorgeous eyes. Did you have any problems with "feathering not available" when you used those actions? Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. WW, Yes.. same thing happens to me with "feathering not available" on one of them... but I still use it and like it... just turn down the opacity a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!