Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Fotos

Thank goodness it's Friday! Here are a few more photos that I've been working with over the last few days. It takes a long while to crop photos using one hand with a clingy baby in your arms.
the tongue
the tongue

If I only had some teeth...
If I only had some teeth....

fingers
little fingers

brush 'em if you got 'em
Brush 'em if you got 'em.

that face (added softness)
that face


And some more of "that face" with some special effects from Picnik. Fun stuff. I subscribe to the premium version so I don't have to look at ads and there's some extra effects, but you can do all sorts of things with your photos there for free, and it's really easy. Of course, this is not professional grade photo editing... but fun stuff for home use.


that face (cross process)

that face (little color)

that face (panography-ish)

that face (dots)

that face (blue tint)

We're doing better here at home with Hannah's tummy bug. She only threw up yesterday and once today right before I got home from work. There doesn't seem to be a constant of what has made her throw up... so I don't know where to go from here.

Something strange happened today when I got home. Hannah had recently thrown up and Kevin was cleaning up. Kevin said that she wasn't upset by throwing up... but as soon as I came in the door she threw a screaming mad baby fit. She didn't calm down until I rocked for for several minutes. She wanted only me to rock her and was very distressed from my arrival home. I felt so badly while she quivered, hiccuped, and cried big tears in my arms. I cradled her close and rubbed her back while talking to her gently, "Mama's here... it's okay. Mama can't always be with you... but she'll always come back home to you." Breaks my heart to see her so upset because I've been gone all day.

We went to my mom and dad's for dinner and the change of scenery put her Hannah in a much better mood. She played on the floor with old Fisher Price Little People from the 70s with Nana, and Grandpa made all sorts of silly faces and sounds with her. She crawled around on the ground and didn't feel the need to be velcro baby.

Praying for a puke free night tonight. Tomorrow is my sister's baby shower, and I know that we have family members that are looking forward to seeing Hannah. I'm sure that Daddy is looking forward to a few hours of alone time while we're gone. I know that spending all day alone with a sick baby while I'm at work has been stressful for him.

Hannah's Certificate of Citizenship arrived in the mail today, just a little over a month after we arrived home from Taiwan. Hopefully that adoption tax identification number will hurry along too. Riley Children's Hospital sent us a statement this week that told us how much our insurance was being billed for Hannah's labs. I about had a heart attack.... $1800 for labs alone. Of course, insurance always negotiates down lab prices... but $1800 for labs? (Insert large groaning sound here.)

15 comments:

  1. Glad she is better! cool photo site. Sarah, I really don't know if you know or not, but the paint on those old FP people is not lead-free. Just thought you'd want to know if HC puts them in her mouth. My Mom had some too and we got rid of them b/c of that reason. They are cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And as for the tummy stuff, no real words here. It is NOT FUN. Have you heard of the BRAT diet? Bananas, rice, apples, toast (plain). Works OK once they are older but I am guessing HC still eats alot of formula. Poor Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...got our bill/statement from the adoption clinic too...our total bill including titers and 2.5 hour exam was $1500....so glad our insurance pays for it all! Outrageous though!

    Sounds like Hannah was just a little out of sorts when you got home....like she remembered "hey, where has my mama been?"

    Andy sometimes has these "scared" moments...so sad...

    Big day tomorrow, Andy is 1! Kinda snuck up on me since I have been pretty much dead all week...

    Wish his g-friend could be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One correction on the brat diet: it is applesauce (not apples). I just make this clarification cuz our pediatrician specifically said that apples will not help while applesauce won't. (Don't ask me, I just follow directions!!)

    And it's rice cereal, not rice. (Have no idea if the rice would help or not.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HC's diet is mostly formula. We have only done stage 1 baby foods as they are new to her. Baby Applesauce and bananas have been on the menu this week. She's always hated rice cereal. It's been especially hard on her as she pukes the most after formula and is more likely to keep down baby food and pedialyte. I don't think that the vomiting is formula change related because we changed her formula from what she had in Taiwan to Enfamil two weeks before the tummy bug started. Oh well... looks like we are on the road to recovery now, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad HC is almost better! I do hope ou get to take HC to your sister's baby shower. I know how hard that must have been for you when you came home from work and Hannah was all upset. I will pray that that gets better with time. I loved all the crib pictures. too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad little hannah claire is feeling better! it's amazing how clingy to me our little one has become when she's sick. there's something about Mommy! we picked up "hand, foot, and mouth disease" somewhere. now how bad does that sound...the name is worse than the bumps for now. so sad though!

    i have to share with you that we have a friend who's considering adopting from uganda. i told her about you (and rebecca and amiee (sp?)) and encouraged her to look at your blogs and read about your journeys! well, she has a friend who was trying to decide whether to adopt from china or taiwan. when she (my friend) read your blog, she encouraged her friend to read it also. she (the friend of the friend) was really looking for some confirmation/direction as to which country and bc of your blog and your beautiful Hannah Claire, they are pursuing an adoption from Taiwan. Isn't it amazing how God works...i found rebecca's blog from mckmama's and your blog from rebecca's blog. my friend found your blog from mine and her friend found your blog from her! (now that's confusing!) my point...God is continuing to use your precious family to not only bless others but encourage adoption from Hannah Claire's country! :)

    hope your weekend is throw-up free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos!

    So glad to hear that Hannah Claire is on the mend. I feel for you guys as I know how tough it can be to parent a sick kid.

    Yay for the COC arriving. We're just now getting around to applying for ours almost one year later...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, on the Riley bill!! Our total bill was 3000 dollars! Thankfully insurance paid 80 percent of it.

    Glad you are starting to all feel better. One thing to watch for: if she is throwing up after bottle feeds, she may have acid reflux. Also, she may be not able to handle the iron levels. We went through all of this with Alea and it took forever to put all the pieces together--not saying that is what is happening with Hannah, but what you are writing sounds very familiar!! Hang in there, Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew! You guys are going through the wringer with the sickness. I've been there, it's no fun!

    HC looks so lovely in the first "tongue" shot. Your mural makes a fabulous photography background. What a lucky girl to have such a gorgeous baby room. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Yeah! COC WOOHOO!! Come on ID #! It is so difficult to watch their pain. Oh and Come On NO MORE PUKE!! Best wishes my dear, luv sara.sofa ... yes, I have absolutely no news. =0(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, who's signature is on the certificate? Wondering if it is our brand new President...
    Happy to hear that sweet baby is starting to feel better again. Isn't it great that she can still take an awesome picture with the stomach bug?! Thata girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, beautiful, just beautiful! And did you get as weepy as I did when the Certificate arrived? Our ATIN came within four weeks or so.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Picnik. I've become a late night addict over there.

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sarah,
    So sorry to hear that Hannah has been sick. Poor thing. Enjoy velcro baby while you can. I know it's tough to do with one arm free, but this too shall pass as they get bigger and more independent. Oh, can't we keep them small? :(

    Your photos are great! Her eyes are just beautiful and catch the light so perfectly.

    Did you have your camera out while she was playing with the Little People? That would make a great We Picture This entry for this month's theme.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!