Saturday, February 7, 2009

baby boy's shower

Today we celebrated the upcomming arrival of "baby boy" at my sister's baby shower. She is due in only three weeks.

hold me

cupcakes

Nana cam
Nana cam

getting plenty of attention
Nana is having a pretty exciting year so far. Two grandbabies in two months!

Maddux and Hannah
This little boy and Hannah have the same adjusted age, but they look so different. He is growing into size five sneakers where Hannah is still wearing size two. Today we learned that Hannah doesn't like the idea of sharing her mama. While my cousin held Hannah in the chair next to me, the little boy's mommy handed him over to me. Hannah didn't like what she saw, and started to make a big fuss. She didn't want Mama to be holding another baby. I took Hannah back into my other arm and she settled back down right away. I also attempted to walk out of the room while Nana held Hannah... as I had my eyes on one of those yummy cupcakes. Hannah started screaming quickly to let me know right away it was NOT okay for me to leave the room without her, although it was fine for other family members to hold her.

baby boy on the way
My favorite photo of the day. :)

baby boy on the way (black and white)
In black and white too. :)

baby wearing
After an afternoon at the baby shower, Hannah became velcro baby when we arrived home and had to be held by me the whole night. This is exhausting. I pulled out the wrap style baby carrier and wore her around the house. If you want to be close, baby... we'll get you close.

baby wearing with a kiss
No smiles today. She's not in the mood. That's okay, I've still got a full supply of kisses.

And... our ATIN (adoption tax identification number) arrived today in the mail. Yippie! I've never been so happy to file our taxes! It arrived in just a little less than four weeks.

Also, We didn't get anything from the president when we received Hannah's Certificate of Citizenship in the mail. For those of you who didn't adopt in the middle of a presidential change... what exactly is it that you got that had the president's signature? Was there a letter inside with the certificate, or did it comes later? I'm kinda bummed... I was hoping to have something with President Obama's name on it with Hannah's Certificate of Citizenship.

I plan on taking some photos later this week of Hannah with her certificate and some little American flags. I brought the little flags to Taiwan thinking that we could break them out inside AIT, but didn't because they don't allow cameras inside, and the rainy day outside didn't make for a good photo op.

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful shower! I agree with your favorite picture of the day! E has been very clingy to me too. I totally had to get the carrier out today too. I pray that Sunday will be a day to relax, cuddle and for Hannah to feel super safe before you go back to work on Monday. I look forward to the certificate pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha~ velcro baby! its tiring but i'm sure mummy loves every minutes of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get a "congratulations on your baby" notice with the president's (autopen) signature! You ought to be able to find the address on the White House website, but if not (lots of changes to the WH site lately) google it and you'll get the address. You write a letter, give the baby's birth date and date of adoption and within a couple months you get a little note. It's great fun to put in the baby book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got our pretty generic welcome new citizen letter but it was signed by Bush. From what I've heard from others, his "signature" went on all that have recently been issued. It would be great to get one with Obama's signature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got a letter Sarah. It was neat and at the top, it simply said "THE WHITE HOUSE: WASHINGTON". The letterhead was sort of simple but cool nonetheless. It did have GW's signature but I think it was generated. You can actually see a photo of it on my 10/27 post.

    HC is too adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo. . .love it in both color and b/w. That is so wonderful that Hannah is becoming "velcro" - that's exactly what I called Gracyn when she started to get REALLLY attached. My velcro child. . .Enjoy it! She'll be running off to play before you know it! Love her shoes and her curls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got two of the same letters welcoming Ava into the US. I guess they really wanted to welcome her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Velcro babies are tiring so I'm glad you're finding the silver lining in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics of sweet girl. We got Coby's CofC yesterday and no letter either. I did get one with Annslee's from Bush...hmmmm...not really liking THIS change ...

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!