Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Are we finished, yet?

This is day six of the stomach flu at our house, and I'm so ready for this to be over with. Poor Hannah only threw up twice today, so that's a great improvement. It's been difficult to make her feel content, but she seems to feel the best when she's being held laying on her back while having her belly rubbed. She'll whine a little, but if you put her down... she'll really start crying. It's been difficult to watch her attachment level slip back several steps. She has been avoiding eye contact and isn't trying to engage us like she usually does. Just before bed tonight she must have started feeling a little like her old self and played with us for awhile, imitating Kevin's facial expressions and some sounds. She's kept hydrated, but I think she's lost a little weight. The little chub that she gained while at home with us is missing from her cheeks and belly. When we are successful with a bottle, she'll only take four ounces instead of her usual six. I'm confident that we'll start moving back in the right direction with attachment and food as soon as we get this tummy bug to go away.

Kevin called the social worker and rescheduled our post placement visit that was supposed to happen today. Thank goodness! We've got a week to try and get everyone healthy and put back together.

I'm still working with photos from a few days ago. Here's a favorite of that singular little dimple.

dimple

11 comments:

  1. I love that dimple! Sorry she got the flu - not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah. Ya'll get well soon!! I fear we're going to be coming down with the same bug here pretty soon too. We've been exposed to it from like 4 different places. :( Not fun!

    I love the picture of Hannah Claire's little dimple - she has beautiful lips!

    Love & prayers,
    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so up on all the attachment advice, so what do I know? But, I have heard that children who suffer illness or go through surgery when the get home often cling more to Mom and Dad in the end. Though she may resist eye contact, if she is wanting to be held- that's a good thing! Again, you're Mommy and Daddy and can obviously sense her best but I wanted to say don't lose heart.

    Lael has one dimple and I love, love, love it! It's about one of the cutest things alive. She and Hannah Claire are definitely part of the cute club!

    Feel better soon! I am praying that the Heavenly Father comforts you all and smoothes out the details.

    Tisra
    waiting for NOC for Dorothy in India
    http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
    www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for you all...no fun when you think baby is regressing, we went through the same thing...totally is exhausting...I think it happened after the doctor pulled that thing out of Andy's ear...he was really traumatized...he seems to be doing better...although me and the kids are sick and we are just really trying to hold out until surgery on Monday!!! UUGGHH!!

    Get better soon!

    KB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah!! I am SO feeling for ya girl! You guys must have gotten the bug bad. 6 days is SO hard (for all of you) with a baby being sick. Bailey was about Hannah's age age when she got the flu (for about a week) and I don't think I'll ever forget it. Just keeping the loads of wash going was hard. Keep your chin up. Hannah Claire will be back to her cute giggly self in a day or two. Sounds like its coming to an end...
    Holli

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAAHHHHH! The joys of parenthood.

    LOVE the picture and the pink one below!

    P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S!

    xoxo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I do love that dimple! I am sorry you guys are all still so sick too. I will be praying she is back to herself very soon. E is sick right now and she wants me/then she doesn't. She wants me to read books and then 'nevermind'. I bet when Hannah is feeling like herself again, she'll be attaching right back to where she was. I think Tisra is right, she is crying for you b/c she knows you will make it all better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. praying you all get better really soon.

    was in the mall, saw this and thought of you.....

    http://www.buildabear.com/shop/searchresults.aspx?keywords=Hello+Kitty

    they are here for a limited time.

    --Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor baby, and poor mama. . .that's never easy to watch your baby not feeling well, and after 6 days it starts to wear on ya! Praying for good health for all of you - and boy, that dimple is sure cute. . .In fact I bet it's still cute when covered in puke!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that stomach bug is the worst!! Everyone I know has had it. It will pass (I just wish it were faster!!)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!