Sunday, February 1, 2009

1 month

1 Month with Hannah Claire

While waiting, and waiting, and waiting for Hannah's referral, I kept busy making a scrap page a month to mark each month waiting. There are other bloggers and scrappers out there that are taking a photo a day or making a scrap page a day for their children in a 365 challenge. Working full time and learning how to be a first time mom won't allow me to do that every day, but I think I can handle a page a month to document our life with Hannah Claire. And what a month the first one has been!

Oh, and my mom keeps pointing out to me that our blog ticker marked 100,000 hits today. Thank you to everyone who's been following along for so long. Over two years and nearly 500 posts later, we finally got here. Thanks for your kind words, suggestions, prayers, and support for so long.

We had a little photo session today after one of Hannah's multiple baths today which got my digiscrappin' juices flowing. Not much beats a cute baby wearing nothing but a diaper and a smile... except a diaper, a smile, and a hairbow!

onebeautifulchild_small-000001

Dreamed of Plum Blossoms
Text: Not long ago, I dreamed of plum blossoms. I dreamed in pink and white, for a little girl on the other side of the world. I still pinch myself. I still sneak into your room to hear you breathe. But I must admit, the piles of laundry, green baby food streaks on the high chair, and dirty bottles in the sink bring me back to reality very quickly. - Mama

12 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I was hit 100,066.. I so love your pages, I have scrapbooked for many years now--never digital though.. your pages are a teaser...if I knew mine would turn out like yours I would convert from paper to digital instantly.
    I hope you guys are feeling better.
    From Texas,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the milestone. I love the b&w picture of HC on the bottom. It looks like someone's teething!

    Hope you guys are feeling better.

    BTW - I'm guessing I contributed about 50,000 of those hits during the week you traveled to Taiwan, hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe how time flies? Hannah is an amazing little girl, with one amazing Mama! Your digi-scrapping skills are awesome! I have no idea how you find so many cool Asian ones, but the one of HC in her crib, with the mural on the back, and your creativity with that page overall is incredible. We all enjoy following your journey. Keep posting, and we'll keep "hitting" your site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pages turned out SO good! She is just so stinken cute Sarah!
    It's hard to believe it's been a month already... Sure has! WOW...
    Is she indeed cutting some toofers?
    Kind of looks like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful....both the reflections, photos and of course the lovely baby girl!

    A month of joys, laughs, learning, travels, loving, playing, celebrating, exploration, trial & error, triumphs!....and its only going to get better!

    :) Lisa C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those pics!! The one with the pink bow is my fav. How cute! I love the little saying at the end too. haha!
    Holli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scrap pages are beautiful!! Where did you find the kit with her crib pic? So sorry to hear you all have been sick...hope you're feeling better.
    staci

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so cute!!! I say bring on the green streaks, laundry and dirty bottles we waited so long for this and it will pass way too fast! Enjoy this time, soon she'll be getting on a bus for kindergarten and I promise you'll say, wait a minute--wasn't I just changing your diaper yesterday???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your announcement and pictures are so beautiful and how can you go wrong with such a wonderful subject ~ she is sooo cute! You are very talented with your digi scrapbook. I too, added to the hits on your page, can't help it :-)
    All of the launrdy mountains and dirty bottles in the sink are meaningless when you get one happy smile looking back at you, makes all that other stuff fade away. Congrats on the one month of memorable parenthood! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Goodness…Hannah Clair is so beautiful and her pictures are so precious. I huge congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have talent in your elbows? Blog ticker?... oops... I forgot that mine broke! Thanks for the reminder to fix it.

    This is so awesome and to be to put all these memories for her on print... it is amazing. I am so thankful that you have her home and think of you often. Congrats mama. =0) sara

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!