Saturday, January 31, 2009

what's the score? stomach flu 2, our family 1

Thursday night while editing puffs video I started feeling kinda funny, and later didn't think it was so funny when I lost it in the bathroom. I stayed home from work Friday and tried to keep away from the baby between running back and forth between the bed and the bathroom. Saturday morning I tried to convince myself that I was getting better, but it just wasn't happening. It killed me to call another adoptive family to tell them that we couldn't make their Chinese New Year party because I was still sick. I'm so upset! I soooo wanted to meet all of these families that were attending! Good thing we didn't go, as Hannah's puked twice tonight. I was singing an 80s Gloria Estefan song to Hannah (that Kevin hated) and out it went. Kevin asserted that she just doesn't like Gloria Estefan... but more came out later. I feel so sorry for her. She just lays on our stomach and stares, and periodically says "dooa dooa" when she sees Sedona go by.

Laundry is piling up as stomach flu creates five times the normal amount of laundry. The social worker arrives Wednesday morning for our first post-adoption appointment. By that time, the house will be a total wreck, Kevin will be spending all of his time in the bathroom, and we'll all be out of clean clothes and towels.

Gotta run... time to clean up Hannah again. :( I have a feeling we'll miss the Superbowl party too.


P.S. Here's links to other's blogs that were at the the Fleck's Chinese New Year Party. Carmen, I'm STILL bummed that we missed such a good time!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah,
    I'm so sorry! Know that I'm thinking about ya and I so wish there was something I could do...
    Perhaps you could just call and explain that ya'll have been sick with the flu and want to reschedule the appointment until after you have had a chance to disinfect and tidy up. I'm sure your social worker would completely understand and welcome the extension. Just a thought...
    Feel better soon!
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. UUGGHH. . .hope you guys recover soon! That's never fun, and yes, the amount of laundry and diapers that go along with it are endless. Hang in there Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I feel for you guys. Kobi just went through that last week (took 5 days to go away) and now everything is A-OK. Just keep hydrated and think healthy thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Your poor family! We did miss you tonight. Meg already has pictures posted (her site is on my sidebar). I'll put pictures on tomorrow Get better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I am so sorry! No fun! Hey, I did tell you that post placements are due until month 3 right? We just had our first visit on the 23rd and it is not due until the 18th of Feb....and Gloria Estefan? That's funny, I am with Kevin on this one...her songs make me want to vomit too! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like we're dealing with the same sickness. We've got the flu over here too. Makes you wonder if your house will smell like 'you know what' forver huh? Hope you guys are on the mend...
    Holli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh... it IS contagious over the phone! I am so so sorry. That is my least favorite one. Hoping you all are on the mend by the time I've posted! =0)
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!