Saturday, September 6, 2008

Veni, vidi, vici.

We came to the mall. We shopped with coupons. We scored a trunk full of great deals. Even Ceasar would have been impressed.


We came early to Macy's armed with several $10 off purchase of $25 or more coupons and made our attack upon several departments including women's clothing, a baby sale (buy 5 items get all 50% off - netting 5 Carter's sleepers), handbags, linens, and cookwear. My cousin's wife tipped me off that there's a new H&M at the mall, and I wanted to go there for some Hello Kitty wear for Hannah Claire. What girl from Taiwan doesn't love Hello Kitty? I want to bring the Hello Kitty onesie with us to Taiwan and take Hannah Claire's photo at the Hello Kitty Cafe in Taipei. Check out this link with photos of the cafe... oh wow!) Of course, we went to Gymboree. The pink and brown monkey wear I've been eyeing went on sale, and I couldn't resist getting one outfit. We found all sorts of goodies at a gourmet cooking store with a BOGO clearance sale. My best deals were at my favorite plus size clothing store, the Avenue. They have a $40 off purchase of $100 or more sale going on until tomorrow, in store and online. I also had a 50% off one item coupon, a $10 gift card that they sent me in the mail, and a $16 store credit from a previous return that I needed to use up. Wowza! We also went to a resale store where I found white tights for 25 cents each. They are really thin, but they're so cheap that I won't have to worry about Hannah just wearing them just once or twice.

Tomorrow we're going to the botanical gardens. Gotta go charge up the batteries for my camera.

My thoughts Sunday night will be with Jackie and Jeff who are picking up their daughter Lucy at St. Lucy's Monday morning. Lucy's family's journey has been so long and frustrating. It's gotcha day Monday for Noah as well, and Gracyn got to come home from Taiwan yesterday. I'm thrilled for all of these families!

9 comments:

  1. oh how I wished we lived closer to each other...I LOVE to shop!! We would get into some serious trouble together!! Watch out Taiwan, we are coming soon!!!!

    Looks like you had a great time, enjoy your day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some great deals. I love all of the monkey clothing at Gymboree. My problem is, when I go in during gymbucks time, I end up spending way too much so I can spend way too much again with the gymbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we would have known about the Hello Kitty Cafe while in Taiwan!!! Bummer! I'll have to tell Megan :) Braylen's 6th birthday party is going to be a Hello Kitty theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a lot of fun and snagged some good deals. I love the Gymbo monkeys - I got both my kids the monkeys pj's over the summer :) Monkeys for my monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I would go shopping so well. I'm not a couponer, but I do enjoy a good sale. You shop like my mom. She ends up telling me how much the store paid HER to buy something. ;-)

    It looks like you got tons of goodies. I just love loading up my trunk with tons of bags... until I get home and have to unload. That's my least favotite part. But wait until Hannah is older and she can do a style show with all the new clothes. That puts a lot more fun into the unloading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Fun Sarah! Can't wait to see you bring home HC! She will be one well-dressed little princess. Hello Kitty outfit is perfect for the airport! Hugs, Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS! LOOK AT THE BAGS IN THAT TRUNK!
    Power shopper! That's what you are...a power shopper!
    Hannah Claire will be the best dressed chick in town.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!! How cool is that pink booth with the brown bow at the Hello Kitty cafe??? I can just see you & Hannah Claire sitting there... with her in that little HK shirt!! Good job with the shopping, girlfriend. You got some great deals!

    Can't wait to see pics of botanical gardens tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl! I need to go shopping with you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!