Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blessings: Gifts from Rebecca

Last night when I came home from work there was a little package at our front door from my adoption journey friend Rebecca, Owen's mommy. We've shared hundreds of e-mails, loads of laughs, numerous digital scrapbooking and blog design tips, many long phone conversations, and a handful of dinners. Our adoption journeys have been pretty interesting. I'll describe my journey as a lot LONGer than expected, and Rebecca's as WINDING with lots of twists and turns. After I shed a few tears over how perfectly beautiful and sweet this friendship package was, I called her on the phone and we talked about how it seems to strange that what we've hoped and dreamed for is finally coming true. It's amazing how much this gal has gotten to know me. Every little item was handpicked and has special meaning to it. I certainly count you as one of my blessings, girlfriend. Rebecca's girls helped her put the package together, so I made a little video for them so they could watch us open it.


11 comments:

  1. May I just say that this beautiful video, your sweet words, and your FRIENDSHIP are the best gifts of all?

    You amaze and bless me! I love you!! The girls and I had so much fun watching this (me through happy tears).

    Between the two of us, adoption is a long and winding road, but we are almost there, girl... almost there! I'm so glad to be sharing the journey with you.

    Love,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great! Sedona and the cookie was PRICELESS!
    So glad you two have each other!

    Can't wait for the first picture of Owen holding Hannah Claire.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the best care package ever!!! I don't know if I could open that box, though, because it is so beautiful. Adoption brings with it so many blessings, one of which is the friendships that are created along the way. How wonderful that you and Rebecca have formed such a deep connection. You are both amazing women!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know you and I got teary eyes when I saw the plum blossoms! What a beautiful gift!

    ps can you give baby Cooper a big hug for me if you see him soon because I have not made it there to see him and that is making me a little sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priceless is the gift of friendship!! Looks like you have found a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I don't know Rebecca except through her blog but she seems to be very sweet. I think you've found a friend for life :)

    I loved the music you used for the video too, it was very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a true blessing indeed to have a close friend to travel this adoption journey with you! Thank you for stopping by my blog and giving words of encouragement. I have been following your blog for some time now and I smiled when I saw you had visited me! : ) We have started the paperchase! I am printing SW paperwork as I type. I look forward to you getting your sweet baby home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just recently found your blog and am anxiously praying for Hanna Claire to be in your arms soon. What a beautiful friendship you have with Rebecca, I'm in tear watching your video. The love you feel for each other is powerful and moving. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dog.. too funny! Beautiful gifts, you have to share where she purchased some of these items. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Sedona in the bib! Beautiful gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful!! You are blessed with such friends. It's funny after finally getting pregnant I do kind of envy the friendships that are forged along the adoption path. God bless and may your little Hannah get to wear those beautiful hair pieces very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!