Friday, August 29, 2008

Vegas, Baby!

(Scrap page graphic removed from post 10/14/08.)

Celebratory YAHOOs all around tonight for adopting friend Sara/Sofa. They waited 8 weeks to be approved for Milana Lee, and are getting ready to do their paperwork race to get everything notarized, authenticated, to TECO, and back to our agency ASAP. I made this scrap page for her when she told me about their referral. I love this photo of her little girl on the play phone!

Kevin spent tonight installing Hannah's new ceiling fan in the nursery while I celebrated adoption milestones with a couple of mamas on the phone. We're off to the lake for the weekend with family, hoping to savor the last juicy bits of the summer.

7 comments:

  1. HOORAY for Sofa!!!! And isn't that little chica just the CUTEST??? I love the caption you put with the photo, Sarah! So creative!

    Enjoy the lake this weekend... hope to see you soon!!

    Love,
    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your friend!! What an adorable child and a great scrap page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh! Sarah, thank you! ~Tears~ Thanks for celebrating with me. And what a referral photo, huh?! She's really enjoying that phone! Thanks again! AND boy am I looking forward to that race! I have my running shoes out and a whole lotta deodorant! ha ha
    Love ya, Sara/Sofa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so happy for Sara/ Sofa! I think Milana Lee will take Vegas by storm (hehe!) and I hope she comes home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello,
    I've been reading your blog for quite some time now. I found it by accident and haven't been able to stay away from it since.

    I went away for 2 months, to Baja where I had little to no internet access, so when I returned two weeks ago I couldn't wait to check on you, to see if you got your little angel.

    I was in tears and SO, SO, happy for you.

    I'm going to keep lurking on your blog and saying prayers that you'll be one family, all together soon.

    Wien

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dearly love the scrapbook page! What exciting times for that adorable little girl's family!

    Hope you are having a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry we never made it. :( Long story. Anyways, I am just going to mail your stuff (it's fun to get packages anyway!!) We will have to catch up in person soon. I don't know if I can make it on the 10th - I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to come but I have a friend coming from out of town to spend the day and not sure how long she will be here. I wish I could plan better!!

    Hugs & love to you my friend!!

    R

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!