Wednesday, August 27, 2008

AUGUST UPDATE: Oh, baby!


Today was a really tough day... until we got the update photos, of course! I had the day off. I didn't get much of anything accomplished. I just want to sit around in my pajamas all day and wait... wait for something to happen... wait for my life to start. I felt like this a lot right before we got our referral. Anyway, I had been thinking a lot about how much Hannah Claire must have grown and changed since we last had photos and an update. And just this morning I wrote a little letter to her... and look what happened! Poof! The update we've been longing for!

Kevin went to the dentist today and stopped at the mall. I can't believe that he came home with three little boxes of Robeez baby shoes. That's so unlike him. He doesn't buy himself shoes, much less go out and buy baby shoes. Very amusing.

Tonight I worked my worries into a headache and went to bed. About 9:30pm I hear Kevin yelling for me. "Sarah!!! Come here!" I got out of bed and stumbled in my sleepiness into the kitchen where my computer is. I knew by the sound of his voice, this was something very good, or something very bad.

Kevin has it set up that when we get an e-mail from the adoption agency, it makes a "tada!" like sound on my computer and Outlook automatically forwards a copy of the message to Kevin's computer as well. Obviously, we want to know we have these messages, right away! Haha! Opening the e-mail was a lot like opening our referral e-mail. What do you look at first? The text, or the pictures? We read the text first, and my sleepy mind tried to do the math. "Okay, 4.9kg times 2.2kg/pound is... uh... still an itty bitty baby." That's 10.78 pounds to be exact, but this is a weight on her from July 31st where she was 57cm (22.44 inches) long. That was several weeks ago. There were only two photos in this update. I was scared to open up the photos and hesitated. Kevin's like... "Hurry up and open it!" Too funny. Anyway... wow. She looks older, but she still looks like that girl that we know and love only through photos. Same little expressive eyebrows and upper lip. Her hair is getting longer. She's in an over sized light pink romper with snaps down the front. Yes, put my baby girl in pink! From the looks of the crib, she's moved out of the little baby room into the big baby room.

We forwarded the photos to the grandparents right away and called them on the phone to check their e-mail. Gotta take care of those grandparents. I'll bet by my parents already have photos printed out to take with them to work tomorrow to put on their desks.

In other happenings, Kevin is very excited to go on his first Canadian fishing expedition near Chapleau, Ontario, with my dad and THE GUYS, leaving next Friday. I'm glad that we got the updates now instead of while he's gone and out of reach by telephone.

29 comments:

  1. I was going to bed and I just felt the need to check your blog before I did... so glad I did! CUTE CUTE CUTE! Love the outfit too- maybe your gonna have a real girlie girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah--

    Little Hannah Claire is precious! Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How was that for crazy?! OK, so now write a letter about a court date...see what happens. :)
    Look how much her hair has grown!
    Ready for the bows.
    She is one pretty pumpkin,Sara.
    Just gorgeous.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness is she gorgeous! She is just a massive ray of sunshine too! She is growing well! Keep going Hannah Claire! I'm so thrilled that you got updates! Strangely I feel like you are reading my thoughts...feeling moopey right before referral, waiting for things to start. Is it intuition? I'd like to think so. Oh my, I can't take my eyes off her eyes... they just dance! Beautiful.

    Love Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. "wait for my life to start"

    I so remember that feeling. Those were some long months. Hang in there!

    Good to hear that she is growing and I love that fantastic smile.

    Cheers,

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so cute. I love the top picture. She's like : Hey Fans! Here I am!

    Too cute and hopefully soon things will get moving to get her home where you can fatten her tiny little self up with some good American baby food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful, Sarah. I am so glad you got the update you had been longing for. And for your husband buying three pairs of Robeez shoes, now that put a big smile on my face, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course the photos are printed and ready to take to work--one for the Grandma Brag book, one for the desk. Hannah's Grandma is ready to do all of the Grandma things.

    What do you think Hannah's Daddy will buy her in on a fishing expedition?

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so beautiful!! And I love her room, your artist did outstanding job.

    When do you think you may be traveling?

    Debbie
    dunnchild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah and Kevin,
    Hannah's picture's are precious ! Look at her hair ! She's beautiful !
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's sooooo adorable. I know you can't wait until it's time to get her. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey you two! Love the post....so beautiful that HC. Can't wait to travel with you to Taiwan and get our kiddos pictures together!

    Let's go judge...we want to go to Taiwan!!!

    Hey, showed my mom the video of the artist painting...my mom was amazed and said she wanted to leave a comment...she thought it was just so special and you both are so talented!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yaaaaaaaay so exciting!!! I'm so glad you got an update, it must be impossible to wait. I read your blog every day and y'all have been on my prayer list ever since I stumbled on your site :) Promise you'll keep updating when Hannah comes home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. What a gorgeous baby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She gets cuter by the minute! I was just going to email you to see how you were doing, I remember those long waits between pictures of your "life" that sits half way around the world. She is so worth every little thing you are going through right now! Remember that your heart is being prepared for what will fill it the second you touch her the first time- you think its full now? Just you wait!
    Today is Maya's gotcha Day Two yr anniversary, so I have been reliving the memories and even now my heart just swells when I think of that day.
    Hugs to you and just think, your are nine weeks closer to holdong that precious little one.
    Janalee

    ReplyDelete
  16. She looks great! A nice healthy glow and she's growing. And though everyone has already said this, she is SOOOO CUTE! No wonder it is so hard to wait. (You know how I love waiting!) Hang in there.
    -Michele

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it wonderful that she looks so great! Adorable!!! Good timing too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a blessing to find pictures!!! I can't wait to SEE posts of your sweet baby girl sleeping in her crib!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! What beautiful portraits! Waiting is EXCRUTIATING...I bet you probably just wish you could hop a jet and hang out by her crib until all the paperwork finally passes through the courts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. PRECIOUS photos Sarah!!! I am sure you've worn them out studying them. :) There is something in her eyes... I just love how expressive she is! So full of personality. Come home soon, sweet girl.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look at that cutie! She looks like a happy one. I'm so glad you got some updates. It's so tough to wait for them but when they do come, hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YEAH!!!! Updates! Im so happy you guys got new pics & updates! Look at how much her hair has grown! Not to worry Auntie Sherry will send bows immediately! LOL! Her little smile just made my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. She's beautiful!! But you knew that already. (wink, wink) I'm glad I had the chance to check out her new photos before I go to SLC! I'll be on the look out in the older baby room!!! Hugs, Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  24. now look at this - you finally got the long awaited pictures - she's gorgeous!!!!!
    Blessings,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG she is just so beautiful! And so big compared to the first photos! Hurry up home already!
    XOXO,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful, joyful little sweetheart your baby girl is! Sarah, I know how much you are longing to hold her and never let her go. I pray that it happens soon!

    Hugs & Congrats,
    Shana :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Look at her hair!! It is getting longer!! Too cute with the little flippity flip goin on there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!