Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Happy (Early) Birthday to Me!

With a techie husband, I just have to briefly mention that I'm interested in a piece of electronic equipment and he's more than happy to run off to Best Buy or shop online at NewEgg to provide for my digital needs. This sounds like my parents' relationship, too. My big 30th birthday is later this month, but I got to open my husband's present to me today. Kevin bought me a Canon PowerShot A570 IS which is an updated model of the digital camera that I mentioned that I was interested in a few weeks ago. Same features, but Canon made it smaller and lowered the price point.

It's 2am already so I didn't stay up very late to play with my new toy, but of course we couldn't resist to take a few shots. Here's Sedona getting a belly rub from Kevin in the computer room. Yes, the boy likes orange. Kevin's computer room is painted bright orange, and yes I let him pick any color he wanted. Notice the orange t-shirt too. Kevin owns orange hats, sweatshirts, dress shirts, ties, and even orange boxer shorts. He had an orange suitcase too until baggage handlers destroyed it's zipper in January.

I really liked the image stabilization features of the Canon PowerShot A570 IS for running after a toddler and a little dog that aren't going to hold still for the camera. It has a huge display, fits my hand, and has a "kids and pets" function. Kids AND pets??? That's for me! I'll take it! What more could a mommy-to-be and dog lover want in a camera? Well, I couldn't find any with diaper changing functions. Now that would be a big plus in a digital camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!