Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blizzard!


Now through 10:00 PM EST February 13, 2007
Blizzard warning in effect until 7 AM est /6 AM cst/ Wednesday... Heavy snow can be expected through the evening hours...with visibilities dropping below one quarter mile at times. Total snow accumulations from this event will be range between 10 and 16 inches...with the highest amounts south of highway 30. The snow will Combine with gusty northeast winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts to near 40 mph. There will be substantial blowing and drifting snow...creating snow drifts in excess of 4 feet and causing treacherous driving conditions. Travel is not advised across the region. You are urged to stay off of roads to avoid being stranded.

And I went to work in this today? I was supposed to work from 4-10pm tonight. I talked to my coworkers a couple of times and they said management was considering closing us down, but it hadn't happened yet. The commute to work usually takes me 7 minutes. I left 30 minutes early and was to pick up coworker Dana up at her house on the way in. Kevin and I have a vehicle that's supposed to switch into 4 wheel drive when needed. The plan was for Kevin to drive me and Dana into work and pick us up at close. Well, we got out of our driveway but got stuck in a 3 foot drift and didn't make it out of the neighborhood. I have the best neighbors in the world, and three came out when they heard sounds of our vehicle stuck in the snow. They helped shovel us out, and I apologised letting them know why I was going out in the middle of a blizzard. I didn't want to try to make it to Dana's house, but Kevin insisted. We arrived at work 10 minutes late and then got the phone call from the district manager that we'd close up at 5pm. We had to make several administrative phone calls letting them know that we'd be closing early. Kevin stayed with me and then drove Dana and I home. Don't I have a wonderful husband? He managed to keep himself busy reading this month's issue of Maximum PC, a magazine he can't put down once he starts reading.

I took some pictures outside of our house today. Enjoy! Yes, this is an adoption blog... but we just had to share these pics with Kevin's family in SUNNY FLORIDA. Don't you miss blizzards, Ron, Adrienne, Shane, and Marjorie? Not quite like the Blizzard of 1978, but it's pretty deep and white outside!

About 7pm tonight a small truck with a plow got stuck in the drift that we got stuck in on the way to work. Two city or county snow plows had to come into our neighborhood and pushed him out.

2 comments:

  1. What a lot of snow! Just stay warm and comfy and have some hot cocoa, and dream of Hannah's first snowman and snow angels! Love, Mom (Adrienne)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we're in sunny florida. It's cold here....sorta. Okay maybe not compared to that, but I had to wear a windbreaker this morning, that's cold for Florida. I hope you did okay with all that snow. Even though I know it's a pain, it's awfully pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!