Monday, October 24, 2011

making treats with our little pumpkins

When Lora messaged me on Wednesday and asked if I could pick up a bag of Hershey's kisses to bring with me for our Thursday playdate, I knew that Hannah would be all about making a treat with CHOCOLATE. This girl loves everything chocolate.

IMG_2692

Our little sweeties were on their step stools and ready to make treats right away!

IMG_2694

While Lora mixed up the orange rice krispies, I helped the girls unwrap their chocolate kisses. I don't cook... but I have experience in unwrapping chocolate kisses. It was hard work to stop Hannah from wanting to lick her green gummy worms that were to become pumpkin stems.

IMG_2696

Allie is taste testing the ingredients. Yum!

IMG_2697

Hannah agrees!

IMG_2703

Lora butters up the girls' hands to they don't stick to the rice krispie treats. Hannah immediately requests a wipe to clean her hands and doesn't want to be buttery.

IMG_2704

But once Lora shows her how to make balls and hide the chocolate inside, she decides that she'll humor us and keep her hands buttery for awhile.

IMG_2706

Allie makes quick work of forming her pumpkins.

IMG_2709

Miss Lora assists with putting icing leaves on the little pumpkins. There are no shots of one daughter licking off icing off of multiple pumpkins. Hummmmm... wonder who's daughter would do that?

IMG_2716

The girls act so much like sisters. They fought over sitting on a chair, toys, scissors, and who was holding a bucket. Sigh! Allie often gets frustrated with sharing first, but is always first to forgive and want to make up. Stubborn Hannah takes awhile to get over not sharing very well and isn't ready to forgive as quickly. It's a good thing they are so stinkin' cute. They try their mamas' patience when they argue.

hannahallie1_web

When Hannah saw these photos she remarked, "Allie loves me. She's my friend." Makes my heart melt!

hannahallie2_web

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your fun playdate! How awesome! :) I would love to know how yall did all that so we could do it sometime! Noah would love it I am sure :) The girls are so adorable and I bet so even when they do argue :) I am sure you mommy's had quite a bit of fun too! Such a blessing you each have to have the other close enough by to do these fun things together :)

    Blessings,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!