Wednesday, April 14, 2010

stall tactics

Funny how the littlest persons figure out how to use stall tactics.

About a month ago Hannah suddenly would need "Juuuuuuuuuice! Juuuuuuuuuice!!!!!" when I announced it was bedtime. I was a sucker and brought her to the kitchen with me, and let her have some juice before bedtime. Of course, she only wanted a few sips... but I couldn't deny my daughter something to drink, could I? Then I figured out... duh, Mama. You've been played. The request for juice at bedtime doesn't work anymore, and she's stopped asking.

The little twerp figured out a new stall tactic that I couldn't ignore. This week when putting her in bed she said, "Poo poo! Poo poo potty!"

Excitedly I asked, "Poo poo? Do you need to go poo poo in the potty?"

Hannah smiled and replied, "Poo poo potty."

I had a feeling this might be a trick, but I couldn't resist this FIRST request to go poo poo in the potty, right?

I stripped off Hannah's jammies and diaper, and sat her down on her little pink potty. She looked at me, grinned... and then took off STREAKING through the house towards the kitchen, buck naked.

Sigh. I'm such a sucker.

6 comments:

  1. Let's not use the term sucker....how 'bout 1st time parent. I do have to admit....she is a smart little whip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a sucker, a loving Momma! And you just can't say no to a request to potty, can you? She's a smart little cutie, that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! What a smart cookie!!!
    Keep smiling, it'll get even better just you wait! At least she hasn't given you enough time to settle in for the night and get you back out of bed for the 2nd or 3rd time... Mommmmmmmyyyyy
    I Reeeaaaallllyyy have to goooooo! I promisssseee, PLEASE.....Moooommmmyyy...Pllleeeaaaasseee.
    You Wait! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're all guilty!!! Or shall I say we're all suckers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! oh you made me laugh! guilty as charged here too!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!