Sunday, May 24, 2009

vintage playground - part 2

I'm an extra proud mama this week. Hannah and Daddy are working a lot on standing unassisted. Hannah visited me at work this week and she stood on the counter for over a minute now without holding on to anything. I think the piece of yummy blueberry donut in her hand distracted her from thinking about how she wasn't holding on to anything. It's hard work, and I can tell that her little legs get really tired after awhile.

Hannah is picking up understanding of some phrases and hand gestures, so we're starting baby signs with her. We've been working on the sign for "more" at meal time. At a restaurant, she will want a sip out of our glass. I decided to use that to my advantage, and would only let her have a sip out of my glass if she used the sign for more. Tonight at dinner she started pointing at my glass and making her "ahh! ahh!" sounds. I let her have just a little bit. She started back up with the "ahh! ahh!" and pointing. I asked Hannah, "What do you want?" ON HER OWN she replied with the sign for more. I was so thrilled that I teared up. "YES, big girl. You can have MORE!"

We're working on repeating a few first words. They kind of sound like what we're staying. Hannah says "jesh" for yes and "burrr" for bird, in addition to the "da" for dog that she's been saying for some time. Thank goodness she hasn't shown interest in repeating the word "no."

Oh, yeah. This post was supposed to be more playground photos. Here ya go!

swing4
"You. Swing me more."

tube4
watching the big kids play

tube3
"Hi, big kids! I'm one of you now. Right?"

tube5
Where'd the big kids go?

1 comment:

  1. Her smile is so beautiful! What a happy girl! I hope you guys had a great weekend!

    Donna
    Our blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!