Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Heart Faces - Silhouette

When we were at the playground this week, I was frustrated while looking through my lens watching Hannah climb through a tube. I was grouchy because it was so dark in the tube and so much light was behind her that there was no way I could get a shot of her goofy expressions as she climbed through. Then I had a light bulb go off in my head. "Duh! There's a silhouettes category at I ♥ Faces next week! This would work!" So I took several more shots, turned down the exposure, put it into black and white, and this is what I came up with. If you click on the photo you'll be able to view a larger size that allows you to see the details of the scratches in the hard plastic playground equipment.

silhouette


This photo is my entry into this week's I ♥ Faces contest where the theme is "silhouette." Click here view the I ♥ Faces silhouette photography entries.

15 comments:

  1. way to make a low-light situation a beautiful photo! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! Love the black & white...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this shot. So original! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of neat things going on in this shot.

    B Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out great!! Great entry into this week's contest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative! Love it in B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I cracked up at your comment tonight! My mom is going to get you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, we had the same idea and I thought I was being so original...yours is way better. I love the BW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love how you worked this one in your favor. it feels glossy, has depth and what an adorable figure in the silhouette!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!