Monday, May 18, 2009

I Heart Faces - Blurb Book Contest

bye bye, Taiwan

This photo is my amateur entry into this week's I ♥ Faces contest where the theme is "favorite photo." This photo was taken in front of the National Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall in Taipei, Taiwan, a few days after we met our daughter Hannah Claire.

She looks like such a baby here. Oh how much she's changed in four and a half months!

I get very emotional when I look at our photo set from this day. They feel like "bye bye, Taiwan" photos to me. Of course we'll go back to visit, hopefully many times, but to me this photograph symbolizes the end of one chapter of my daughter's life and the beginning of another.

I edited the photo first in Adobe Lightroom and used the preset "aged photo" that comes with the software. I turned the exposure way down, leaving pink in Hannah Claire's hat and on her kissable lips. Then I opened the photo into Adobe Photoshop, rotating it to make the ground level, cropping it square, then used the "sharpen this" action from Pioneer Woman's free actions to sharpen her eyes up.


Click here view the I ♥ Faces amateur/beginner category entries and click here to view the professionals category entries.

I am submitting this photo into the www.iheartfaces.com Blurb Book photo contest. I am granting I ♥ Faces permission to use my photo in a printed version of a book for commercial use and possibly advertising of a photo book on both the Blurb and I ♥ Faces web sites.

33 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! beautiful photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! Her eyes, her mouth, the hat, even the background is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, if this photo doesn't win, that would just be WRONG! It's AWESOME!!! On so many levels!! LOVE it, Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is too cute, she is a true beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT photo, Sarah!! What a perfect entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot! I love the cute puckered lips.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so cute. I love how you did the color in this picture. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful photograph. Your daughter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful photo!
    http://scienceesl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what wonderful shot! I just love it! She is precious. I am also a mother waiting to adopt a baby girl. It will be 2 years since we started this journey in July. Congratulations she is a doll. Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful picture! she is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is beautiful and I think this is a great photo. The sweetest story to go with it.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the coloring. Great job editing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful! How did you achieve that color mix?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great entry...you get my vote for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jessi, I added info on the post processing for you. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much! That was very kind and helpful of you!! I am going to have to try these things out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is for sure one of my favorites! :-) What a cool picture capturing your sweet little girl (who is gorgeous by the way!) and her heritage -- I've been to Taiwan before - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is gorgeous. i love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful picture of a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, how precious! Beautiful baby, great photo!
    Congratulations to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww...she is so sweet! Great photo!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it! She is adorable....just look at those little lips!

    ReplyDelete
  25. She's a doll! Great photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a doll! I love how the photo really tells a story! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great entry! What a beautiful daughter you have!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a great photo! It used to be in your header, correct? I just love it! So great!! And those little lips just seal the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! What a beautiful photo. I love how her little lips still pucker like that in her more recent photos. She's breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!