Saturday, April 18, 2009

zoo day today

This morning we woke up early, all had haircuts, and then stopped over to Nana and Grandpa's on the way home to watch Hannah eat pancakes. Mama and Daddy mowed the grass while Hannah took a lunch time nap, and then it was off to the zoo. The weather was perfect, sunny and 74 degrees. Usually when we go to the zoo, we take pictures of animals. This time, the lens was focused on one little monkey from Taiwan. Hannah's favorite animals seemed to be brightly colored or very noisy birds. The showy squawky peacocks were a great hit with lots of pointing and "ahhh" commentary from our little monkey. She didn't smile much, but she was certainly interested in everything. Mama was especially happy to see four separate sets of Caucasian parents with Asian children at the zoo. We talked briefly with one mother who introduced herself with two daughters from China, and I exchanged knowing smiles with a few others.

shades at the zoo
ready to roll

little girl, big tortoise
little girl, big tortoise

Hannah, Daddy, and a tortoise
always pointing at something, and much more
comfortable on a tortoise when Daddy is there

Hannah and Daddy closeup
"Daddy loves me so much."

meeting the goats
"That animal doesn't look like a dog, but my dog
acts like that when she wants to eat my food."

monkey watch closeup
"Daddy picked me up to show me all of the animals."

monkey watch
"So that's a monkey?!?! Mama says I'm her little monkey."

close up at the zoo
I finally get a little bokeh from my lens!!!
It's the real deal, and not photoshopped in this time.
But... it happened in full on auto when I wasn't even trying. Sigh.
I'm a mamarazzi ISO bokeh in my backgrounds.

10 comments:

  1. What a cutie!! I have a little monkey, too. Looks like a fun trip to the zoo. You may see my niece and nephews there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you dont mind me asking what kind of carseat does hannah have

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY........these pictures are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first picture. Totally accessorized and ready to go! Actually I like all the pictures. She has such a serious face and then the little eyes start to light up and the smile comes along. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Anon, the first photo in this post is where she's strapped into her stroller and not into a carseat. Right now we're using a borrowed carseat that doubles as a baby carrier from a cousin because Hannah is just so little. We have a Britax Marathon (http://journeytohannahclaire.blogspot.com/2008/10/it-was-meant-to-be.html) that we'll start using soon when she grows out of the baby carrier carseat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos of your beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS is my favorite post SO FAR!
    Just loved it.

    xoxo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recognize a lot of those shots! We have a season pass to the zoo and I can't wait to start using it again. Hopefully the warm weather will return SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love it! The pictures are great Sarah - diggin' that bokeh! :)

    Especially enjoyed the photos of Daddy holding Hannah. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these pictures- I really need to get some practice in. Of course your subject is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!