Thursday, April 9, 2009

we picture {this} - daughters

This month at we picture {this}, the theme is {daughters}. There are some really lovely photos posted there recently that really inspire me to learn more about photography. I want to try something new or differently with my camera each time the mamarazzi in me has a mini photo session with Hannah. HERE is the link to my post with a photograph that I took today of Hannah in her Easter finery. She doesn't like the shoes that go with it because they are scratchy. That's okay, I'd rather look at her little toes than the fancy shoes, anyway! More photos to come after the Easter holiday.

Hannah is feeling better today and yesterday's fever has gone down, but she is still pretty grouchy. Funny new thing... she started nodding back at us when we nod up and down and say "yes." It makes me giggle every time she does this!

6 comments:

  1. That picture is just darling! I just showed Jon and he said "who is that?" and I said "It's Hannah!" and he said, "Wow, that IS good"....I said, "I hope it's the camera!"....well, and of course an absolutely beautiful little subject! Love the yummy dress too! Still waiting on those swimming suit pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With shoes that pic would have been a bit more ordinary. With little curled up toes, and the contemplative posture, it's fantastic.

    Looks like you had pretty harsh lighting but managed to keep from having too many shadows and burnt out highlights.

    Well done

    kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeap! That harsh light is the 4:00 afternoon sun! Plus I have the camera manually set to -2/3 exposure compensation since it's easier on Sarah to pump up the brightness/contrast when she post-processes her shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful shot! Where did you get Hannah Claire's dress??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, Hannah's dress is by Biscotti. It's my current favorite dressy dress designer line. You can check out the line at the link I have on the left sidebar at Best Dressed Child to see what's available. THEN you can search on eBay for the Biscotti dress you like. There are several sellers out of Hong Kong that are selling Biscotti dresses or Kate Mack Swimwear (also by Biscotti) for 1/3-1/2 retail price. You can also find sellers in the us selling dresses in excellent used condition. Often times children will only wear these fancy dresses once or twice and you can get a perfect dress used for $5-15 plus shipping. Hannah's tutu swimsuit is Kate Mack. I love it. Every little girl needs a pink tutu, don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sarah! I will have to check out ebay. I love Kate Mack suits. I am already looking for Hannah Claire's tutu swimsuit for our future daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!