Thursday, March 26, 2009

sunshine day

Today was beautiful... and I was stuck at work. The sun was out. The birds were chirping. People had their car windows down. And... we weren't busy at work. As much as I complain about my work stress, I hate it when there isn't enough for me to do. About 2:15pm I looked at my partner and said, "Uh... we're not busy. Is it okay with you if I check out early and stay late tomorrow?" I got the nod of approval... and I was outta there!

A song pops into my head as I put down the car windows and head home to my baby girl who should be napping and waking up soon.

I think i'll go for a walk outside now
the summer sun's callin my name
(i hear ya now)
i just can't stay inside all day
i gotta get out get me some of those rays
everybody's smilin
sunshine day
everybody's laughin
sunshine day
everybody seems so happy today
it's a sunshine day

Here's the tune if you don't know it already... but I'll bet half of you know what song I'm talkin' about.


Forgive me, I'm ill with SPRING FEVER. It's spring break here. Half the town is in Orlando, Daytona Beach, Tampa, on Sanibel Island... or worse, on a cruise ship sunning their buns. And I'm not. I'm at home dressing up my baby in swimsuits and eating Popsicles while pretending it's 85F.

For this mamarazzi... a sunshine day in March means... camera time! She was babbling in her crib when I got home. I dressed her in one of my eBay finds, a white Gymboree sundress with lemons, we chatted with the neighbor kids, and then got out the camera. Daddy helped hoist Hannah up into the sky for this shot.

Hannah in the Sky
Hannah in the Sky

Hannah in the Sky - Lens Blur
Hannah in the Sky - with lens blur

Hannah in the Sky - 70s
Hannah in the Sky - 70s version

slow tears
Slow Tears - The waterworks turn on and off quickly. I forget why she cried... most likely we told her "no." I kept on taking photos and she forgot about what she was upset about.

Shades with Bling
Shades with Bling

Shades with Bling - Edge Burn
Shades with Bling - added burn edge

Shades with Bling - Black and White
Shades with Bling - black and white

winkled nose winkled nose

winkled nose - edge burn
winkled nose - added burn edge

chocolate pop in the bucket
After we were done outside, Daddy sat her in a bucket, laughed and laughed, and gave her another Jello pudding pop. Mmmmm.

What are your thoughts on the edge burns? They are kinda trendy right now. Do you like the shots better with our without the darkened edges?

13 comments:

  1. Well, I am a fan with OR without the burn edges. :) I like the effect, but I don't think it necessarily looks BETTER with it. KWIM?

    I have to say I do like to do a little subtle vignette on my stuff... essentially the same thing, just darkening the edge a little. Kind of frames everything nicely.

    I tried out PS yesterday and was pulling my hair out. Back to Lightroom for this chickie... at least until the boys are in preschool. :)

    Great photos Sarah! I could eat that baby up. :)

    xoxo
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful pictures! she is just stunning...her eyes and that dimple! what a precious blessing! YOU are so fortunate to have HC...but she is just as blessed to have such a sweet mama and daddy! the bucket pics are hilarious by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the burn edges!! I want you to photograph my girls!!! Got your fees ironed out yet???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen, Carmen. Invite me over when it's warm enough to have the girls run around outside in their swimsuits. Do you have a kiddy pool? We'll put the girls in their swimsuits and have a blast! No fees, just FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the burn edges work well with certain pics. It pulls the focus in a bit more on the subject. But there are times when it's nice to see the entire background, too, like the Hannah Claire against the blue sky shot at the top. The colors just work so well against one another that it'd be a shame to lose the edges. Either way, the model is scrumptiously cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Brady Bunch youtube!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah,

    OH MY GOODNESS! Her cuteness grows and grows. I had know idea you were posting... my Bloglines is acting whacky! Boo!

    Congrats on the queen saying all is clear! Hooray!

    So, no twin boys right now- huh? :-P That is funny!

    Tisra
    looking forward to picking up Dorothy (waiting on NOC and guardianship)

    http://www.bdhq.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the PW 70's action..and I love the Brady Bunch Song.I use to sing this thang like nobody's business.
    What a hoot!

    A

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tears are so sad, but perfect the way you caught them, and the sunglasses so glam!!!

    Oh, and I see she likes the chocolate pops too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hannah Claire is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! I just love her! And of course the gymboree :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the edge burns- very nice! You take really good pictures! My fav's are the bucket shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your photos but if i have to pick.. I prefer those with darken edges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the burned edges. Love the model too! From tears to yummy chocolate smears, she is full of dimples and love, certainly not from luck, just a blessing from up above!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!