Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Sweetheart - 500th post

Happy Valentine's Day! This one has been our sweetest yet, as we have our little sweetheart at home with us. The real Miss Hannah Claire is starting to come out again with her ready smile and baby talk. Her appetite is back as she's sucking down bottles and eating multiple jars of baby and all the puffs she can fit into her mouth every day.

Two days ago our big TV in the living room died. Arg! I can't tell if Kevin is happy that it is broken, or overjoyed as he somehow already had a replacement TV all picked out. Maybe it's a man thing... always shopping for your next big TV. Well, guess I don't have to buy him a last minute Valentine's Day gift now... as he's already got it all picked out.

Last night Amy came over for dinner sans-kiddos and we went our for pizza. Amy had the bright idea that we should give Hannah Claire some cottage cheese off the salad bar. Well, she LOVED it... but I had little anxiety attacks watching Hannah eat because I didn't bring a bib and it was such a mess. Imagine... my baby grabbing handfuls of cottage cheese and smearing it into her mouth. It was all over her clothes, up a nostril, etc. etc. etc. Yes... funny... but so yuck at the same time. I didn't bring my purse that contains my little camera, so I have no footage of the cottage cheese experience and I'm so bummed. People sitting around us and our wait staff were very amused.

I worked today, and when I got home we went out for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner with great entertainment and a movie. We went to McDonalds and watched Hannah feed herself french fries, and now that the baby's asleep we'll pop some microwave popcorn and break out the Peanut M&Ms.


Sweetheart

I've been working on a lot of digital scrapbooking projects lately after little Miss goes to bed. I ordered a print framed in a shadow box for my mother for Valentine's Day from Scrapping Simply and was really happy with it. I'll be ordering more, and I think the next one will be the collage on the bottom.


dimple

Toothbrush Collage

Little funny for the day: A customer at work saw Hannah's photo and remarked that she was so cute and that her hair was so much darker than mine. I laughed so hard inside!!! "Uh... yes, it is!" I just left it at that. So much funnier (for me) just to end it that way.

Wow. Can't believe that this is post number 500. We've come a long way, baby girl!

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that happy Hannah has returned. I love the collage on the bottom. The colors and photography are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa took plenty of pictures this morning while feeding Squirmy. Who'd a thunk cottage cheese was a finger food! Sedona enjoyed the fruits of the "trickle-down theory."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    You could have a second job if you wanted one! You have got to be one of the most talented scrap-bookers I have EVER seen! If you ever want some extra business, call me and I will be your first client!
    SO happy to hear that HC is back to her happy go lucky self! If Kevin is still speaking to me tell him that I think he is awesome! LOL!
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah & Kevin,
    I understand the TV thing. My Rhea owns his own Home Theater company. He sells BIG BOY toys for a living!

    I, too, wish you had pics of the cottage cheese. I bet she really was a mess. Your SB pages are gorgeous! That is too funny about the guy at work!! Those V-day pics of Hannah show that she is back to her old self! Did she but any more teeth? E is cutting 2 right now. Boy, I can't wait for those to come in! She is grummmpy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lora, Another business?!?!? Haha! I can barely handle going to work 40 hours a week. Haha!

    Shannon, I couldn't resist taking some cottage cheese pics. Enjoy! No, there's still not any teeth cutting through yet. When she's starting to put her hands in her mouth and acting uncomfortable, I've been giving her some Tylenol and that seems to help. Thank goodness she likes the taste of cherry Tylenol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i see 5000 posts in no time.. lol~~~

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!