Thursday, January 29, 2009

Video: Eatin' Puffs and Dinner

It's been one month since THE DAY that we became a family of three. In a way, it seems like it's been a lot longer than that. We've learned how to make bottles with one hand, change diapers during a full on squirm, use baby suppositories, take showers while keeping an infant entertained through a clear plastic shower curtain, quickly fasten and unfasten car seats, and KEVIN has mastered the art of putting our daughter to sleep. I seriously lack "sleepy time skills" because I'm too "soft" and pick her up and hold her when she cries rather than say "No, lay down. Sleepy time." in a daddy voice that shows her you mean business.

While I'm away at work, Kevin's been learning more ways to make her laugh and make funny faces. She's clapping more and more readily, and is getting more animated with us all of the time. Now that we're settling into real life, here's two videos of me giving her a snack when I came home from work, and later some dinner. I'm really happy to see her hand-eye coordination improve. A month ago she could kind of pick up a puff, but it would be dropped and would never make it into her mouth.




She's getting closer and closer to weighing 16 pounds. We don't see any teeth wanting to poke in quite yet. We both have dental appointments in 5 weeks, and maybe we can convince our favorite smile team to peek in Hannah Claire's gummy mouth to tell us what they see.

9 comments:

  1. AWWWWW!
    I miss those days.
    Don't worry about being a softy at bedtime. If you want to pick her up...do it.
    All to soon you will have to chase her down to hold her. Enjoy it while you can.
    If someone says you will spoil her..just tell them you are an ATTACHMENT PARENT! ;)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    Hannah's just so incredibly cute especially in her dinner video! She sure does love her sweet potato! Also, I think it's ok to be a softy at bedtime sometimes especially when they are still so little, don't be too hard on yourself =O)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that the juxtaposition of the horror movie soundtrack with HC eating Puffs is unsettling. But, she looks like she's doing great with the self-feeding. What a world of opportunity that opens up for everyone.

    I loved seeing her open wide like a baby bird waiting to be fed. What a cutiepie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SOOOOOO miss the "gummy smile". It takes my breath away- something about baby breath and memories of nursing and all that comes with it. I'm really not interested in going through the newborn phase again- but some parts I miss and a soft gummy smile is CERTAINLY one of them. Awwwwww, sweet Hannah- good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the videos Sarah! I'm going to have to tease Kevin about the volume on his TV show though...LOL!
    Hannah is growing and changing so much, I can't believe it! She is just beautiful!!! Melts my heart every single time I see her.
    Yes Mama. your girl has some skills!
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  6. We missed Ava's first two teeth and then the next ones didn't come in for a total of six months (only three with us).
    I love seeing the Puffs again. Both kids loved them. We also had to teach Ava how to feed herself (at nine months old).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys have quickly become pro's at this parenting thing. As much as I'm a softy like you, Daddy is doing the right thing with bed time routine - you will be so grateful for it later when she's able to go down on her own. I'm still struggling with my almost 4-year old! LOL! Hannah is doing remarkably well. Love to hear that she's giggling and clapping, and growing!!! She's just a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh she is absolutely adorable! sweet little face and noises! i love it when she smacks those little lips! you can hardly shovel the food in her mouth fast enough! i am so thankful she's adjusting and growing so well! it's those great parents she has! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all Sarah & Kevin, I am so sorry I left sweet Hannah Claire off my happy CNY post. She was meant to be there on the list, but I should learn not to post when I am sick : )

    Second, could this girl get any cuter? precious! and BTW my 15mo Elizabeth weighed 18.7# at the Drs office last week! Your girl is doing great. The Doc told me that E is in the 5th percentile. Now if she had been my 1st, I would have freaked out, but the doc said she healthy and petite! I love how your baby girl's face is filling out!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!