Tuesday, January 13, 2009

booger nose

2009-01-13_11-16-02_Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi copy_small

I love you. And your little booger nose too.

I did it. I took Hannah out in the CAR all by MYSELF. We went to see Nana at work (which made Nana VERY excited) and stopped by Mama's work to buy tissues and make goofy faces at the girls. It was a confidence builder, for sure. Weather permitting, I'm taking her in a much longer car ride tomorrow all by myself. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been alone with our daughter for over an hour before. Hummm... now that makes me a little nervous as I start thinking about her screaming bloody murder in the carseat. Oh, boy.

Here's a few more pics from our impromptu photo session today.


2009-01-13_11-07-14_Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi copy

2009-01-13_11-21-11_Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi copy

2009-01-13_11-19-02_Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi copy

I know, this bottom photo just spells out all kinds of danger. She's interested in our fireplace hearth. Before she came home, I obsessed about finding a solution to keep these bricks safe from her little noggin, but I didn't pull the trigger and buy the custom baby foam for the angled brick edges. Guess I hoped that she just wouldn't be interested in the fireplace. Well, she's interested in everything, and thinks that the fireplace is a great place to pull to a stand on. Happy Hippy Andrea will be happy to know that the baby safety foam is now on order to protect little "pumpkin booty's" precious head. And my little purse camera was snatched away quickly right after this photo was taken. No playing with cameras for awhile, babygirl.

P.S. The first photo in this post was my submission to we picture {this} for the eyes theme. Here's a link to my post. I've waited a long time to start my journey as a mamarazzi!

10 comments:

  1. That hat! That face! That booger!
    Best wishes on the car ride ... I have the utmost confidence in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top one is a perfect "eyes" photo. And what beautiful ones she has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I just saw your new blog header. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, yup. I'm going to use that photo for an "eyes" post, but I've got to have Kevin help me figure out all of the stats to make sure I'm posting it right. Kevin's the real photo buff in our family with the DSLR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She'll do just fine! (So will you)! Good long nap during the car ride over and she will be ready to get out of that car seat to have some fun playing with Allie girl. Love your adorable little booger nose shot! Only we moms can truly appreciate a good booger nose!
    I hope the weather holds out for us...Can't wait to see you guys!
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boogers and all, she is soooooooo adorable!! She will have a great time on your car ride. As a distraction, sing along kids tunes, or lullabies worked for us. I have complete faith in you!! Have Fun!!
    And I love your new blog header!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooooHoooooo!
    The Hippy is Happy!
    Oh SO Happy!
    I am proud of you for hitting the road with the Pumpkin Booty. I forsee many road trips to the mall. :)
    i gotta tell ya! Hannah Claire has some good hair! Do I detect a hint of wave? She is going to have a HEAD FULL when her BIG GIRL hair starts to grow in.. Gorgeous!
    Love the camera picture!

    xoxo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it a great feeling to take care of your baby all on your own?! You did great Mama - keep it up. WOW - those are some amazing photos, but then again, she's one exquisitely beautiful little girl - and that hair! What an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw you post on the International Indiana group. We live north of Fort Wayne and have two kiddos from Guatemala. Logan is four and Ava is 20 months.
    Love all the pics of Hannah Claire, such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is blossoming! I love her booger nose too she is to darn cute! Kimi said booger for the first time ever this week it was so cute!
    lots of love,Megan

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!