Saturday, November 8, 2008

keeping busy - making pendant necklaces

Today I started to boohoo a little, watching other familes get news of first rulings when we haven't heard anything yet. I can't do anything to bring little Miss home any quicker. It will happen when it happens... so I should just keep busy, make plans, and be totally estatic when we get to drop everything and head to Taiwan. I chose a fun project to keep myself busy and make some Christmas presents. Today I started looking at this plum blossom necklace that Rebecca sent me and I started thinking, "Ya know, I could make this!"I found some directions online here on how to make glass tile pendant necklaces. To make it really easy, you can buy all of your supplies online here from this etsy seller. You can purchase supplies at a craft store to make silk satin cord necklaces with lobster clasps or ball chain necklaces... or there are people on etsy who will make it to the size you want and mail it to you.

As an alternative to glass tile, I also bought some blank pewter pendant trays to try my hand at this style of pendant making as well. If you buy pendant trays from this site, get a 20% off coupon here before you checkout. Here's a video on how to make them.
There's so many things you could do with these pendants. You could use photos, decorative papers, glitter, stamps, stickers, or digital scrapbookers could design their pendant image and then print out the design on high quality photo paper to get just what they want. Yay!

Sooooo... the supplies are all ordered and we'll see how this goes. I'm really looking forward to this. And... if we'd get a final ruling e-mail in the next two weeks before I have a chance to make a whole bunch of pendants before Christmas, I have a feeling I won't be too upset about it.

7 comments:

  1. You have a reputation for doing high-quality work, so I know the pendants are going to be gorgeous.

    I've been thinking of you with all the good news that has been rolling in for other families. I'm really hoping this is your week. Your turn on that famous green couch has got to come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of pendants, I made hair clips. . .and shopped on Etsy a lot. Your time is near. I would cry when others would get their first decree and we were still waiting, and waiting. . .now in retrospect, it doesn't seem to matter as much, but at the time, I was devastated. You are so strong to stay so positive, and can't wait to see your Etsy listings! Do you do special requests? What about tile neclaces with our kiddo's pictures in them?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm not selling. I'm giving! Making presents is more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, you are such an inspiration - keeping those creative juices flowing!!! I love how you're constantly trying something new. I can't wait to see the pendants you make - I know they'll be beautiful, as is everything else you create!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sneaky sneak! I just checked out Rebecca's fundrasing website and found an announcement about a certain special thing that a certain someone with a very big heart is doing to bring home a certain beautiful little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sneaky sneak couldn't help herself. he's one special boy. with a very special mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!