Sunday, September 14, 2008

big fish and little chipmunks

The fishermen have returned. Sounds like they had a pretty good time. Seems like the first timers always catch the biggest fish, and Kevin caught a 19 and 3/4 inch small mouth bass. He says that the guys called it a "trophy fish" and were asking if he wanted to have it mounted. Kevin thought about it for awhile. "It's a lot of money and my wife would never let me hang it up in the house..." (he's right!!!) and made the decision to take some pictures with it and let it go. I'm so proud of him. That old fish has escaped being caught for so long that he deserves to live out the rest of his days in a cold rocky bottomed lake that he calls home.


I'm still trying to figure out Photoshop and I'm learning how to use some actions thanks to help from my local friend Jeri. Here's one of my dad and a little chipmunk. I used an action called "Little Bear."

Later I played around with the above graphic at Picnik. They have a new feature called panography-ish that created this artistic effect below. I think it's pretty cool.

Hannah Claire's grandpa and daddy brought her home a onesie and a t-shirt from Canada. That's pretty sweet. Wish we had some news about the court process. Kevin called me at work when their caravan of vehicles and boats crossed back into the US. I think all he wanted to know about was if we had any new adoption news. Sorry, Baby. No new news.

I'm really glad to have my IT director and personal chef back at home. I've got a list of computer questions to ask him, and I had been getting tired eating of Lean Cuisine frozen dinners!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooh!! Now that is cool!!! Sarah... you MUST join clickin moms. The button is in my sidebar. Tons of free actions, forums, tips, etc!! You will love it. $6 for 2 months.

    I love that action and simply must try it for one of my pics. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your enjoying the actions. And glad I could help. Thanks for letting me share some knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!