Monday, July 21, 2008

contracts left TECO and some pictures with the family

Today after work I checked the FedEx tracking number on our prepaid mailer that is to carry our adoption documents from TECO Chicago to our adoption agency. The mailer is currently in transit. It left Chicago today and will arrive at our adoption agency tomorrow. Now if I just had a tracking number so I could track the documents the rest of the journey. Wouldn't it be nice if one could call a toll free number 24/7 and find out if you're logged into court yet and when is the date of your first hearing? Sigh. Not gonna happen.
I love this photo. The above photo is of Kevin and his mother behind my grandpa's speed boat. Aren't they cute? New knees put a lot of pep back into Hannah's grandma!
Sunday we visited the Fort Wayne Children's zoo with Kevin's brother Shane, his girlfriend Leyna, and Shane's friend Josh. I don't think I've been to the zoo since my first summer dating Kevin back in... um... when was it? Doing the math here... must have been 1998. Doh! The calf in the petting zoo thought our group was pretty tasty, and licked all of our hands. My favorite zoo animals are any kind of small monkey and translucent jellyfish. What is your favorite animal to watch at the zoo?

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I guess you win! I called TECO to see if they planned on shipping our docs out today and the lady said "No, tomorrow" and I said "Is there any way you can ship it out today? It got there at 842am on Thursday", "No, tomorrow". GGGRRRR.....Sarah beat me! Congrats my friends! Maybe you'll wait for mine on Wed, and then they will be shipped to Taiwan together??!! Ok, sorry for the long comment, I'll save the next ones for email.

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and KB!

    I have always wondered why someone in Taiwan couldn't answer the question of where a document was or who had signed off on something. A tracking system would be great! I believe, maybe wrongly, that if you hired a translator to call, in Chinese, that you might get some answers about where something is in the courts. I think agencies don't want to hound, and orphanage staff certainly isn't in the practice of setting a precedent of nagging and hounding (nor do they have time or staff for such purposes). Why isn't there an official nag/hound in-country?! :-) What a job title that would be! I bet Lucy could have used a nag/hound for the past 10 months... ya think?! ;-) Someone I know adopted from China a few years ago (before the slow down that is currently going on). Anyway, they got their referral but the travel approval wasn't coming. They, being on the wealthy side, hired someone to call in Chinese to the CCAA and ask why they didn't have TA. They were told that they were mostly sent in batches but that theirs was ready and could be sent. That phone call meant that they got TA in 5 weeks instead of the 2/3 months for the rest of their agency's referral batch (maybe I'm remembering the numbers wrong- but they saved themselves weeks!). That was her biggest bit of advice to me- "hire a translator yourself to inquire about things". Now, we're with Taiwan and the system works differently, but her comment always stuck with me.

    Okay, I've blabbered enough! I'm so happy for you guys and Hannah Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KB, Your documents arrived at your TECO before my documents arrived at my TECO. Mine were signed for in Chicago at 10:40am Eastern... that would be 9:40am Central at your TECO... so that means that your FedEx beat my FedEx to TECO by an hour. Heehee. This is starting to get really funny!!! You know who is going to have to ship both of our packages to Taiwan at the same time so we tie getting to Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite animals at the zoo are giraffes, jellyfish and orangatans. I can't wait for the new African area to open at the Ft. Wayne zoo! We love to take the girls!! We'll have to go together next summer with Hannah Claire along!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!