Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Listening to Mary's Song this Christmas

I took this photo at our chuch's our Christmas Eve service.
Mary is inspiring me tonight.

Luke 1:46-56 "Mary's Song"

Mary responded, “Oh, how I praise the Lord. How I rejoice in God my Savior! For he took notice of his lowly servant girl, and now generation after generation will call me blessed. For he, the Mighty One, is holy, and he has done great things for me. His mercy goes on from generation to generation, to all who fear him. His mighty arm does tremendous things! How he scatters the proud and haughty ones! He has taken princes from their thrones and exalted the lowly. He has satisfied the hungry with good things and sent the rich away with empty hands. And how he has helped his servant Israel! He has not forgotten his promise to be merciful. For he promised our ancestors – Abraham and his children – to be merciful to them forever.” Mary stayed with Elizabeth about three months and then went back to her own home. (NLT)

3 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    Oh, what a beautiful message!

    I am at the same stage you are, waiting so (im)patiently for my little boy, Isaac.

    I have been following your story closely as one of the dreaded lurkers and hope to rejoice with you very, very soon!

    Keeing ALL of my fingers crossed for both of US!

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to see if you could tell me where I could get one of the waiting braclets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy at http://babybain.blogspot.com/ makes these mommy-in-waiting bracelets. She did have some lited on eBay, but I looked and she doesn't have any listed today. You can contact her via her blog. She makes these bracelets as an adoption fundraiser. Mine is very sturdy and of very good quality.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!