Saturday, August 25, 2007

Designer Burp Cloths: Even I could do this!

Here's a project to keep pre-adoptive mommas busy. I've been browsing Etsy lately and looking at all of the beautiful handmade items that people have for sale. I've seen so many people on Etsy selling burp cloths and bibs. I've been thinking, "You know, with some instructions... surely even I could do this." Well, I found some instructions and it's a go! I've got the cloth diapers, my sewing machine is out, and I'm just waiting for the fabric to arrive. Here's a neat site with lots of beautiful Asian fabrics. I'll start with simple burp cloths first and see how it goes before I take on a bib. I've ordered some fabrics online today and can't wait to start!

Still no news from the agency. Have to do things like plan out construction of baby burp cloths to keep busy and keep positive.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah - this is great!! Let me know how you make out and how easy it is - I'd love to learn :) Hang in there Just think not only will hannah claire have a killer wardrobe but matching fashionista birth cloths...what more could a little princess ask for??? :) LOL
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Im in Taiwan on your future "Gotcha Day" then I will find you by the line of designer burp clothes hanging out your hotel window:) LOL! LOL! These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try this web site for the instructions. I watched the program today and it looked really easy. Plus they had how to make baby ponchos. Very cool. http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows/episode/0,2046,DIY_14255_44218,00.html
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!