Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tagged, we're it.

I've been "tagged" twice in the last few days with people leaving comments on our blog. I'm not a big fan of chain letter type stuff, so I'll just half participate. I'll answer the questions but I'm not going to tag anyone else.

Here are the "rules," but obviously I'm considering them guidelines as I refuse to do numbers 4 & 5. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts. 2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. 5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged, and to read your blog.

Here are 8 random facts about us:

1. I play the penny whistle. Not well, but it's fun. I taught myself by reading about it online, listening to online clips of music, and I play sheet music I find on penny whistle websites. You can listen to a clip of one of my favorite tunes called Blackthorn Stick here, and here's what the sheet music looks like.

2. Kevin lived in my hometown for 1-2 years as an infant, and then moved away before I was born. Kinda neat that our families both lived in the same town, but just not at the same time.

3. I went to the suburbs of New Orleans for work a week after Hurricane Katrina. I went there for work, but I don't talk about my career on the blog to try and preserve my identity a bit. Anyway, I got to see some interesting sights (military men in intersections directing traffic with big rifles strapped to their shoulders) and met some residents with interesting stories. My favorite involves a woman that couldn't come to work that day because she was at home removing a dead horse that floated into her home and was deposited there after the water level went down.

4. Kevin lived in Germany for two years as a child while his father's National Guard status was activated. Kevin has a has a love for German Gummis. He lived in a town that had a gummi factory, and sometimes the air in the down even smelled of gummis. I took German in high school and spent a summer as an exchange student in Rinteln. My favorite chocolate will forever be Milka Noisette.

5. Kevin once worked at Disney's Magic Kingdom on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. While working as a mountain man he met many celebrities including Gwen Stefani, Shaq, Michael J. Fox, Harrison Ford, Jake Lloyd, Lorzenzo Lamas, Oprah, Fergie, and Rosie O'Donnell. Oh, and Cinderella in her bloomers.

6. Sedona is named after the most beautiful place I've ever been to... Sedona, Arizona. Sedona's paper name is Sedona Sunrise.

7. I'm a former 4-H Queen, crown and everything. I've had oiled pigs brush up against me in the ring while wearing pantyhouse. Wearing greasy mineral oiled pantyhouse makes one feel really attractive.

8. Kevin took his parents' car for a joy ride when he was 14 and wrecked.

2 comments:

  1. Dear 4-H Queen~

    Hey I was tagged to! If your not do in steps 4 & 5 Im not either. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Did Kevin live in Bonn? We have the Haribo factory right down the street. Gummy Bears are a very frequently bought item here in our house ;). If he's missing them send me an email (or post my blog and we'll sort it out). I'm always happy to mail some! (Oddly enough I did find them at the Office Depot at my parents at Christmas - in Idaho of all places!)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!