Thursday, June 21, 2007

the wiener dogs next door and fun with little girls

Our next door neighbors have four wiener dogs. Well, they did have four daschunds until yesterday when Moo their long-haired had four puppies, three girls and a boy... now totaling eight wiener dogs under one roof. Moo's a first time mother and freaked out a little bit when she went into labor, but those mothering instincts kicked in full gear between delivering puppy 1 and puppy 2. She cleaned them all up and is very protective, growling when the other adult dogs come near their pen. Moo hates going outside to do her business, wanting back into the house and back to her babies right now! What's really interesting is that Annabelle, one of the other dogs, is pregnant too. Annabelle has a huge belly, and should be due in a few weeks. Annabelle wants Moo's babies. Annabelle would steal them if she could... wanting to run off with Moo's babies and mother them. What do breeding wiener dogs have to do with adoptions from Taiwan? I'm not sure... but I found their behavior pretty interesting! I haven't started barking at other people's children wanting to carry them off in my mouth... yet. And if you know anyone that wants a daschund puppy, let me know!

We went out to dinner last week with a family with two cuties from China, ages 4 and 5. The little girls wanted to go to the local Chinese buffet. We discovered that both of our families are very fortunate to developed great friendships with the owner, Susan. My favorite parts of the evening involved talking with their youngest. She told me, "I like Tigers! Roarrrrrr!" and showed me her tiger claws. I asked the girls if they helped their mommy out at home. Here's the reply: "Yes." What do you do? "We polish the floors." Oh, really? Do you do them by hand or help mommy with a machine? She gives me a funny look and replies, "We don't use our hands, we use a cloth!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!