Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Mother-In-Law is Coming!

Sorry, Adrienne... thought it sounded kinda funny to exclaim this like it's a bad thing! Kevin and I are looking forward to having his mother Adrienne spend 2 and 1/2 weeks with us while she's exercising her new knees after double knee replacement surgery. She arrives next Friday. This trip may be the last use for the "guest bedroom" (aka storage room when guests aren't around) before it becomes a nursery.

No adoption news. Just looking in the mailbox for our I-171H, or official permission slip from INS that says we're approved to bring an an foreign orphan into the United States. I figure it should arrive in about a week.

I worked with someone last week who became a US citizen last year. She thought it was pretty interesting that she became a US citizen at the same place in Indianapolis where we're getting approval from the US to adopt a child.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! it's good to see that I may be the FIRST to stay in Hannah's room! I stayed in Isobella's room, but sadly I was not the first. Beb's brother was the first, and he said he felt like a Princess sleeping amid all that Pink. Isobella has a beautiful room but she has never slept a full night in her bed,except when Grandma stayed with her. Sp get a sleeping bag ready, I will gladly sleep on the floor just to be near my new grandbaby~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Grandma w/ those new knees! (Matthews had several surgeries so I feel your pain. Exercise as much as possible:)

    ***Havent started the nursery yet??? Wow...your a strong mom-to-be. LOL! I started Kobi's way before I ever should have. LOL! Have you bought anymore cute dresses for the "future-baby-Hannah" lately? Just wondering if you can resist all those adorable dresses? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you to step up and help her. That's such a wonderful thing. I hope you get that envelope soon. I remember looking and looking for ours, then one day we were sooooo busy we forgot to check the mail til like 6pm and there it was. We stood in the street and cried. It's a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!