Saturday, April 7, 2007

I600A biometric appointment set, but they spelled our last name wrong!

I came home from work today to find an important piece of mail in our mail box. We had an envelope addressed from the Department of Homeland Security. Yay! This must be our biometric (newfangled electronic fingerprint scanning) appointment date at the immigration office in Indianapolis! I asked Kevin if I could take his picture with the envelope to document this important step. In usual Kevin style, he humored me... but in his own special way of not smiling for the camera and making funny faces. It wasn't until after I took the photos that I noticed that they spelled our last name wrong! Oh no! I really hope this doesn't cause us headaches to get this corrected. Obviously our home study, driver's licenses, passports, and social security numbers all have our name spelled right. Arg! Our fingerprint appointment is less than 2 weeks away. I'm supposed to work that day. I'm going to see what I can do about switching my work schedule so we can go for our appointment time. If not, I can take a day off from work and we can go any Wednesday... but have to wait for an available agent to help us.

Oh, and someone told me yesterday (yes, again) that I'm sure to get pregnant right after we adopt. Uhhh, thanks but no thanks. Really.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    We're dying to start some digital scrapbooking, but we can't find a good place to start. Who do you use?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!