Sunday, April 29, 2007

I-171H approval in 7 days after fingerprint appointment

Wow, that notification came pretty fast, didn't it? Kevin called me at work Friday with the news after finding our I-171H approval in the mailbox. Now if we could just have a surprise early referral too! That's a lot to ask for, I know.

To Sherry, I learned a new term this weekend that I think you'd appreciate: retail therapy. I have worked a lot this past week and have resisted urges to self-treat my adoption anxieties with retail therapy. No new little dresses in 2T have found their way to the guest room this week, but I do admit that I checked out the new items on the Gymboree web site this afternoon. The guest room has been filling up with a few dolls, books, clothes, toys, and the high chair that we've collected since last November. The few items of baby clothing I fell in love with and just had to buy are pretty much all in 2T just in case we get an older referral. I don't want to purchase that BabyGap onesie for Hannah to wear home because I don't know what size she'll be. I figure that I can have a onesie printed with the phrase "Are we there yet?" if BabyGap sells out before we get a referral. No biggie.

8 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys!!!That flimsy piece of paaper sure is an important one, eh??? Crossing my fingers and toes that referrals come early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!!!!!!! Now we are ready for Hannah Claire to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW..both times mine took about 3 months! Congrats...huge step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very fast...congratulations! I did the same thing with retail therapy when we were waiting for Lauren to come home. Hope your referral comes super soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on receiving your approval! Since we both live in Indiana I hope that we can get together sometime and talk about Taiwan adoption. Vonne Barnett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonne, Leave your e-mail address and I'll send you a message. --Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Now thats good turn-around! I think you should buy the "Future-Hannah-Claire" a dress to celebrate. LOL! Wink Wink! And yes I do have a serious case of retail therapy...yesterday I almost bought a little girls dress. OK...so Kobi's a boy but you never know someday he might have a sister...Im ready for the asylum now:)

    (I really think this disorder is something your born with...LOL!)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!