Thursday, April 19, 2007

2 months down... how many to go?

This photo is of Kevin tubing at the lake my grandparents live on in Indiana. If you're reading this, hi Grandma! I really like the clear Swarovski bead bracelet from you and Grandpa in my Easter basket. Love you!

Two months already? I guess two months ago I didn't realize that a the submission of the first draft of our homestudy to our placement agency put us on the waiting list. People keep asking me how long. Well, maybe 4 more months until referral, then 4-5 months until gotcha day. That's a definite maybe. Haha. I'm still pondering visiting the baby after we get a referral. People look at me kinda strange when I say that... and say "Ohh... but you won't want to come home and have to leave her there." Well, duh! Of course it would be hard... but I feel like I'd be kicking myself later if we didn't go because we'd miss out on seeing and experiencing her when she's so young. It's going to be hard 4-5 months anyway looking at photos and hopefully video over and over on my computer screen wishing I could be there to comfort her, change stinky diapers, see first smiles, maybe even a first tooth, etc. Sigh. We'll see.

Tomorrow is our big day at the USCIS office in Indianapolis for our biometric (fingerprint) appointment. Big prayers tonight in hope that we aren't hassled tomorrow because they spelled our last name wrong on our appointment notices.
I've been moisturizing my hands a lot this week so that my fingers will make easy scans. Also worrying a little bit that something will happen like I'll cut my finger and then we'll have to wait until it heals and go another day. For the record, Kevin won't let me near him with any girly moisturizer. If his hands are dry and crusty tomorrow and won't scan, he's on his own to come all the way back back another day for rescanning. Or maybe my OPI Avojuice cranberry scented handlotion in my purse would save the day? Now that would be really funny!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! You guys are well on your way. I read on the heartsent site that they are expecting 9 referrals soon from slc! I think they ussualy split them pretty fairly between agencies so maybe FFC will get a bunch like that too!! Could you imagine 9 people off the list??????

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good luck on the fingerprint appt! Our names were spelled wrong too but not to worry, it didnt hold anything up:) 2nd as soon as you get that ref get on a plane!!! If you can foster do it! I so wish I did & if you need an inside person to find you a place to stay I got Taiwanese friends. LOL! 3rd I love that OPI lotion! It smells so good...& I got a beauty liscenes so if you need more I can get it at wholesale for ya in bulk. LOL!

    ***You just let me know if you need help with anything OK...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, We're a single income family with me working and Kevin planning on being the super stay at home dad. It just won't work financially for me to be out of the country for 2-3 months. Kevin and I talked about Kevin staying in Taiwan with the baby... but I don't think we're ready for one of us, a first time parent, to live alone in a foreign country trying to figure out how to take care of a child. We just think that Kevin wouldn't have enough support as a first time daddy to live alone in an apartment in Taiwan. If we had family or friends in Taiwan that we knew well... or if we could both be there financially... that would be different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like he's having so much fun on that tube.

    Good luck on your fingerprints, everything will go fine. I kept getting some type of mismatch error, but in the end it all came out okay. We'll be redoing ours in June..Lucky us!!

    Oh and happy two months!!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!