Monday, March 5, 2007

Learning Photoshop for Digital Scrapbooking

This weekend Kevin and I found a hobby that we can both enjoy: Digital Scrapbooking. Kevin enjoys playing around with Photoshop, and I like making the photos I take look pretty. Photoshop has a big learning curve, so it's been really hard for me. Here's the first page that I put together with Kevin's help. Of course it's of Sedona! I'm pretty proud! My goal is to have a good handle on how to do this before we're home with baby. I think I want to get a new digital camera too. I'm becoming more and more disappointed with our HP Photosmart 850 because of it's slow shutter speed and CCD imager. I can't take pictures of moving objects because they're out of the shot by the time I take the picture, or they show up as a blur. A toddler running around the house won't want to hold still for very long while mommy snaps a photo. I'm thinking about getting the Canon PowerShot A710 IS 7.1MP Digital Camera with 6x Image-Stabilized Optical Zoom. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work with the digital scrap booking! I'm contemplating making our own adoption announcements once we get some decent pictures of Megan. I didn't see anything I liked online.. but I'd pay for something with the quality of what you put together...

    I bought I-Chwen the Canon SD710IS (that's the small version of the camera you are looking at). It's very nice, very fast and takes great video clips. I think it has the same innards but just a smaller package. A bit too small IMO. The A710 might be a bit more ergonomic and easier to handle.

    PS I owe you a Tea Leaf Egg recipe ... once we put our kitchen back together, I'm sure I'll find it. Sorry!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I scrapbook and I know a little bit about photoshop, but I don't know how to do them both together. I must learn. This turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!