Thursday, December 14, 2006

Preparing Doggie for Baby


What am I doing tonight? I'm reading online about how to prepare dog for baby. Yes, I'm serious. When a dog is essentially an only child, the dog can feel threatened by a child that comes into the home. All of the new baby stuff, different smells, and attention given to the child can be very upsetting for the dog. Anyone who knows Kevin and I knows that Sedona is our "baby dog." I wasn't even sure that I wanted to have children until we got Sedona and have had so much fun taking care of her TOGETHER as PARENTS. We've taught her several phrases she understands and responds to, we've mastered housebreaking her (that wasn't easy) with big help from the doggie door to the back yard, and we share responsibility brushing, feeding, and giving her baths. I'm in charge of the heartworm and flea meds and doggie hair bow departments though. Kevin is very handy at oh so many things, but his ability to make pony tails doesn't live up to mommy standards.

Speaking of pony tails, I remember bringing barrettes and hair bands to my dad as a little girl and asking him to do my hair before school on a very limited number of days where Mom wasn't around. Sorry Dad, but you really sucked at little girl hair-do! That's okay, you make great french toast and pancakes!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie pie! I know what you mean about preparing your pet for baby. Our current baby is Shera - 18 year old, deaf kitty who I've had since the day she was born. Wondering what she'll think of a new little princess in the house.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!