Thursday, September 6, 2012

thoughts on having two

Untitled
 
We had our first post placement appointment today for Hudson.
Thankfully, the kids didn't cry or scream until the social worker left.
They were really good playing together all morning.
That means that they saved all the fighting, crying, and whining for the afternoon.

Untitled

I think I've shared this before.  There was a time when I didn't want to have kids.  I only planned for myself and my career.  Then... I wanted a daughter.  Very very very much.  And we found her in Taiwan.  I certainly never thought we'd want to have two kids.  But it took so long to find our first child, that we made the smart choice to get in line for a second right away.  For a long time I wondered if we were doing the right thing
or are we going to mess up a good thing by adding to our family.  Today the kids tagged along with me while I used the edger outside.  They ran around and chased each other.  Hudson wants to do everything that Hannah does.  I love how he watches her, imitates her play, and repeats her words.  Hannah read S-T-O-P on the stop sign on our street, and told me that it spells stop.  Hudson repeated after her, "stop!"  I trim the grass around our fence with one eye on the kids.  He helps her be more physical, more social, more active.
She reins him in, preventing some messes, teaching him the rules to keep him safe.  The last two weeks have been so much better, and we're rounded the corner in our relationship with him.  Two was positively a good idea.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  I think our family is complete.  Good stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!