Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Film: "The Sage Hunter" (2005)


Last night we watched "The Sage Hunter." I purchased it from Amazon because I wanted to see any film with subtitles that depicted indigenous Taiwanese people. It was pretty good, and I appreciated the importance that the characters placed on nature, spirituality, and family. I'd certainly recommend this film to other adoptive families with children from indigenous Taiwanese backgrounds. It had just a little violence in a war scene, and one scene where a father struck his son after he did something bad and dishonored the family. Those images were ones that I could explain to Hannah while we were watching the film so they weren't so scary and she could understand what was happening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!