Sunday, November 13, 2011

Redirect: NY Times op-ed calls on US to throw Taiwan under the bus in exchange for China debt forgiveness

Interesting opinion in the NY Times: Save Our Economy, Ditch Taiwan! I know. I know! I had visions of throwing people under buses as I read it. Let's throw out everything that the US stands for... freedom... democracy... and let's make a deal with China by stabbing Taiwan [a great example of a Asian democracy in action] in the back to settle our debts as we can't control our spending.

I especially like this response by the Taiwanese media, and think that the imagery of Uncle Sam handing the panda [China] a green leaf like the island of Taiwan to eat... and the American going back to sitting on the couch and gorging on hamburgers is especially fitting.

2 comments:

  1. Taiwan ROCKS! I will never ditch Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so dont understand politics and it makes me feel very stupid

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!