Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's a boy!

It's a boy! Referral call came last night night. Kevin's was at his computer desk and answered the phone. I'd been in Hannah's room picking up, taking summer clothes out of her closet, inserting more for fall, and trying on some hand-me-down shoes to see if they'll fit yet.

The little boy is an older baby, has huge gorgeous eyes, cheeks made for kissing, and some fuzzy/spiky hair. During the lengthy phone call we were provided with lots of information about him, and I kept thinking... "Yes, yes, yes... what's not to love? Hurry up and show me some pics of my son, lady!" :) As soon as we saw his photo, I turned to Kevin, sported a few tears, and we hugged. "I think that's our son!" We think he's perfect for our family, and hope that the judge assigned to our case in Taiwan will think so, too. We aren't allowed to share photos online publicly this time around. But believe me, he's soooooo cute!

What does Hannah think? She looks at the photos and says, "That's my baby brother," and then runs off to play. Oh well. When asked if she'll share her toys, Hannah looks at me for a long time with at look that says, "I'm supposed to say yes but I really don't want to." Nana suggested, "How about we go to a store and buy your baby brother some toys? Do you think he'd like cars?" Then Hannah got a huge grin on her face. She thinks Nana has a fabulous idea!

We've not settled on a name for sure yet. I'd like to see his characters and think about his name's meaning before deciding on an English first name and keeping his Chinese name as a middle name.

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! So excited for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, Sarah, Kevin and Hannah Claire!! Congratulations!!!! We are so excited for you. I know how you must be feeling right now..over the moon, relieved, and anxious to bring him home. I hope you have fair winds and following seas and he comes home as soon as possible. Can't wait to follow your new journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! Soooo happy for you guys.. Cant wait for further updates.
    Happy boy shopping.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ~ CONGRATULATIONS!! I cannot wait to hear more about him. How old is he? What is next?

    I don't know why I cannot comment via Blogger, but I will try this way....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! What wonderful news! I knew it was in the works, but so excited you got your referral! He sounds absolutely perfect! Will pray for a quick travel date so you can bing your little guy home soon!'

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, I have been a quiet observer of your blog for some time now but was a little shy to post until now. My husband and I are also looking to adopt from Taiwan, ever since we both separately visted the country on our journey to other parts of Asia, before we even met! Thank you for allowing us a little peek at your life in preparation of our own journey.

    Amy Byman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! What wonderful news and Hannah is going to make a great big sister! I'm crossing my fingers that the court process is a speedy one and you can head off to Taiwan in the near future!! So excited to be following your journey once again! And thank you again for the beautiful dresses that you gave Lexie. I get so many compliments on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations again! I am so excited for you all...praying for a fast judge so you can bring your little boy home in record time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Hannah is going to be an awesome big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I have a daughter from China and a son from Russia. We live in WI, and I have been following your blog for some time. Excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations. I know how hard the wait can be, we adopted twins from China and we waited for 4 1/2 years to get our referral. I hope the process from here on out goes quickly and smoothly!
    Many blessings,
    Barbara Kushner

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been reading your blog since your referral for Hannah, but haven't commented much. I have a daughter from Guatemala (and we live in the same state!). Congratulations! I can't wait to read more updates about your baby boy!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your growing family! Our daughter (born in China) and son (born in Taiwan) are 3 years apart. We had our gotcha day for our son Kai almost one year ago at St. Lucy's Center! He had the fuzziest black spiky hair too! He is doing great and adores his big sister. We have enjoyed your photography and blog for several years now and look forward to following your adoption trip! Our prayers for a safe trip in God's perfect time. ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, again! So happy for your family! That spikey hair will get you hooked, it did for us! I wish for a quick judge and process so you can bring him home to kiss his cheeks!
    Happy shopping for trucks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How many months was the wait for his referral? I think Hannah's referral was probably longer?? Maybe the same? What's their age difference?? You guys will have such fun! CONGRATS!!! Cubscouts are fun-you'll see in about 7 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We waited over two years for lil' dude's referral, while we waited 15 months for Hannah's referral. They are about three years apart in age, and I think that's just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!